Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #11 
tfranc

Thank you everyone for your help, but Sol is gone... RIP my little guy, but thank you for everything!
tfranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #12 
kfish

I'm so sorry... it's a nasty infection. Such a fast killer. :(

Make sure you disinfect well if you plan to get another betta (you can use vinegar - rinse thoroughly after).
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #13 
wallywestisthebest333

I'm so sorry about Sol. :[ May he rest in peace!

Also you might want to try cleaning with the canning salt recipe in this thread titled "To Sterilize a Fresh Water Tank" that was posted by Lion Mom. You might try that after your vinegar wash just to be extra safe!

Make sure to wash not only the tank but the filter and all the little bits and pieces in the filter too!

I'd throw out ALL of your filter media too. Even the little screen that's for biological filtration.

It's true that Biological filtration along with some mechanical filtration is all you really need in a tank but you can easily set that up by purchasing a pack of AquaClear Sponges/Foam filter inserts. They're better than the small screens for bio-filtration that most kits come with. The 30 gallon refills work best in my 5 gallon's filter. =] Just stuff your filter full of new sponges and toss everything else. =]

Good luck with your next boy! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #14 
microtel29734

C:\Documents and Settings\Hotel\My Documents\Downloads\nemo.JPG C:\Documents and Settings\Hotel\My Documents\Downloads\IMG_20140621_212318317.jpg this is nemo (i didnt name him) and he is our work betta. i think he has some kind of fungal something or other and i can buy some maracyn 2 but i suppose i should also use the aquarium salt. i have a saltwater biocube at my house. will that salt work? if so how much should i use. the tank that he is in isnt even a gallon but the boss wont buy a bigger one.
microtel29734 is offline   Reply With Quote