Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #1 
Abby

anyone got barraks set up?

is anyone using betta barracks?
(for those that dont know they look like this:)

im going to be desiging my own barraks (ill be building it anyway so may as well customise it hey lol)
just wondering if anyone has any set up so i can see what different styles are out there
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #2 
MrVampire181

Me wants a barrak. Just use containers big enough to allow some movement and if you want some decoration.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #3 
Nanglebadger

thats essentially what my tank is based on Abby. I should have pics this evening.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #4 
vilmarisv

I would love to have barracks! But as for now, I haven't had the need for them since my spawns have been of manageable sizes.
It's the idea of a wall full of bettas that appeals to me.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #5 
Abby

well i live in a tiny as hell three bedroom place with my bf and his dad. our spare room is a pc room X hangar (Rc planes and helis, plus a few eclectirc and nitro cars) X fish room X libary. (rather large bookcase of my own)
theres very very little room but i was thinking (as you do) if like my bf suggested, putting a rather long shelf above the bed on the picture rail with some decent brackets i could put my mass of books there and either break the cube bookcase down or use it even as the shelves, but in designing it i think i would do one single long tank with removable dividers per shelf. i would need a decent pump because its pumping UP so high and plumbing its self is going to be expensive. my bf just is setting up his marine tank, his small amount of plumbing has been $60-80 already the ball valves (he bought 3) were 8 bucks a piece and the pic design i found:

i think the barracks ^^ use like 14 ball valves and lots of pipes and such so using several designs im sure i can come up with something a little more suitable :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #6 
amber31190

my bf helped his friend make some of these and they all run into a 29 gallon rigged sump, i thinks these are a must for big breeders
amber31190 is offline   Reply With Quote