Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #1 
Panthera

Turquoise Dt+Blue Lace Marble HM Spawn

Hey everyone, don't know if any of you remember me, I haven't posted on here in a while. Well a lot has happened in the past week or two. Some of you may recall that I was going to spawn Adamu, my purple SD Male with the new female I ordered off Aquabid. Well things didn't go as planned. First of all when she came here, I noticed that she was at least a good 1/2" longer then Adamu, and was a behemoth lol. But I read some spawns where the male was bigger then the female, and it worked, so I tried it anyway. Once they were both conditioned I set the spawn tank up and put them together. Let's just say Adamu acted like an ex-con that just spotted a pretty woman after getting released from jail. Needless to say she got torn up and after 2 days he was only attacking her, and there were no signs whatsoever of spawning; so I broke them up.

That was about 2 weeks ago, and since then I got a new male at a Cichlid store about a week ago, and now the both of them are in the spawning tank. Daxia, the female, is all healed and the spawn is going MUCH better this time around. There is aggression, which I know is common, but nowhere near anything like Adamu. Still no embracing, but he's adding onto the small bubblenest, and she is checking it out/being chased away :D Anyway, pics!

Mizu: Turquoise Dt male

Daxia: Blue Lace Marble HM female (HUGE)

Here's an old pic of the spawn tank, I've since added a bigger plant, a different heater, and a much better sponge filter. As well as some IAL to make em' all randy. ;)

Its a 10 gallon filled to 5.5" and is heated to 84*

Anyway hopefully I have some spawning SOON. I put them in at 9:00 AM, so maybe. I was just wondering, it is normal for him to chase her away when she gets near the nest right? I mean I know at first it is, but is he just not finished with the nest yet? Thanks, and please comment! Will update whenever I have new info ;)
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #2 
monroe0704

Awww the female is beautiful!! I don't know much about spawning behavior but I hope you find some answers! I just put mine in an hr ago so I'm right there w ya! Dang waiting and watching game lol.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #3 
Panthera

Well Daxia decided the nest wasn't to her liking, and destroyed it >.> It was a pretty crappy one though lol I guess she could tell he was more focused on showing off, then building one.

Hopefully I wake up to a bigger one in the morning! :D
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #4 
effy

good luck!
effy is offline   Reply With Quote