Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #11 
Jayy

I like Petco for their betta selection and cleaness. Petsmart has a better selection of other fish, supplies, and decor. My LFS has great selection of other fish aswell including saltwater. I don't know about their bettas because I don't go there for them.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #12 
Chard56

Aquabid auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Chard56, have I seen betta auctions of yours on AquaBid? Your name seems VERY familiar to me!!!
I have between 20 and 50 Bettas listed on there at any given time and I'm getting ready to post a bunch of newly jarred Gold and Copper DTHM's. I used to buy a few choice males from Petco and actually started over 3 years ago with a Tri-color CT male and Green DT female from Wal-mart. Now that I have my own lines of Halfmoons and CT's as well as several Plakat lines I still look but don't buy very often.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #13 
shinybetta

Petco! Their fish aleays look better and are healthier.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #14 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
Petco! Their fish aleays look better and are healthier.
Indeed. Am sure it greatly depends on location and manager of each store but my Petco is the same way. Their Tropical fish section is small, only like 15 or so tanks setup with various species. They make up for it with a nice Betta section, decent variety and they look pretty healthy.

Now the Petsmart (a mile apart from Petco) has a wider selection of plants and has about 50+ tropical display tanks setup but their betta section is meh. Stopped by there last night and bought some Hornwort for 2 bucks. Did a drive by their betta section...let's just say nothings changed.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #15 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
I have between 20 and 50 Bettas listed on there at any given time and I'm getting ready to post a bunch of newly jarred Gold and Copper DTHM's. I used to buy a few choice males from Petco and actually started over 3 years ago with a Tri-color CT male and Green DT female from Wal-mart. Now that I have my own lines of Halfmoons and CT's as well as several Plakat lines I still look but don't buy very often.
Thanks - I will keep an eye on your auctions since I purchase all my bettas off of AB!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote