Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #1 
Abby

Tamina.......doesnt look too good

Background story: I picked tamina melvin and benny and had the lps hold them for a week and a half, usually they only hold them two or three days but because i know one of the guys they held them for me. I had them held till my custom tank was built. the tank builder said its a 4 day job. three weeks later WHEN I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE READY (So angry) it still wasnt. she was waiting on the edging after we told her we didnt want the edging. so i caned my order with her and her filthy store and went to another lps. Don told me a week tops and ive checked progress it will be finished hopefully before the weekend.
OK So there was suppost to be three days between picking up the three musketters and my tank being picked up. so i put the fish into containers as a temp thing. this is tamina under her light just now:

Ok ive had them here since friday, todays thursday. friday they had 1 pellet and some brineshrimp (frozen) then pellets each night since. till monday. Tamina is and has since monday refused all pellets and frozen brine shrimp
ive been doing 50% water changes and keeping her close to light for warmth and shes got java moss to hide in.shes also kinda staying at the top of the container and it looks as if she is almost resting against the side of he container shes sort o leaning to the side. shes all fins clamped up and pale. BUT no stress lines. i am about to transfer her from the container into another temp tank (its a little bigger but not a lot, its kinda the best i can do) ((FYI melvins been upgraded to a bigger tank for QT and benny is happy and eating in his container))

pics:

And her sad frowny face :(

Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #2 
Abby

any ideas people of could she just be depressed?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #3 
Abby

ok shes perked up a little bit after transfering her to the slightly bigger tank
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 
Elena

Glad she is feeling better! In that size of a container I would do daily 100% water changes. Some may even say twice a day but you may get by with one a day. Even in the slightly bigger container I would do the same. Good luck with her, she is beautiful!
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #5 
Abby

i do water changes every two days, but i do a daily tank clean shes just so stressed i dont want to be disturbing her where i can help it.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #6 
Elena

She may be stressed because of poor water quality. A container that size really needs 100% water changes ever day.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #7 
Abby

Im very careful with the water conditions because of the tank sizes. shes more active crusing around. but too much involvement in her condition could stress her even more shes still pale and refusing food if shes still like this when i get paid in a few days ill buy another large critter keeper for her to get put into. if she gets worse before then ill just have to rotate a few fish. thanks for your help