Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Did you increase the Epsom salt to 2tsp/gal with his water change today...he doesn't look that bloated...is he begging for food and/or responding to you when you go to the tank...you are keeping him in the Epsom salt (Not aquarium salt)all the time and making water changes with the Epsom salt water...correct?..just want to make sure you are doing a treatment and not a bath

Have you seen any poop while he is in the QT for treatment?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #12 
wildmagic713

No poop :( I have no gravel in there so I'd see it.

I do keep him in it, I do daily 100% changes and add new salt every time, yesterday I increased it to 1.5 tsp/gallon of the epsom but I'll increase it to two.

I dropped a teeny tiny itty bitty bloodworm in there the other day just to make sure he'd eat and he will, but he hasn't pooped since I put him in the QT.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

Is he responding to you-begging for food?......when was the last time he had any pellets? How many days has he been in the bare bottom QT with the Epsom salt (Not aquarium salt)?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #14 
wildmagic713

He's been in the QT since Sunday, and he doesn't outright look for food, he never did, but if I pick up the container of food he gets excited.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #15 
Oldfishlady

That is good...he is responding to you......when was the last time you gave him any pellets or his staple diet....he has a round tummy- but he may not be truly bloated or sick per se and he may not poop until he has had something to eat/digest and help to get his system moving....especially since he responding to the sight of the food container and you.....and started to color up....
Old 02-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #16 
wildmagic713

Last he ate was Saturday, because I fast him on Sundays. He had the bit of bloodworm yesterday but that's it.

The thing that's so strange for me and why I think he's bloated is that his color is getting normal everywhere on his body, but he's really pale on his stomach like he's stretched, and also his stomach has NEVER been that big.

Should I give him a couple pellets and see what happens, or what?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #17 
wildmagic713

I just took his bowl out of his tank to change the water- He pooped. Not much, it's teeny, but he did. It's definitely recent, because there was nothing there when I got home about an hour ago.

His fins still don't look so good though. His body is coloring up but his fins don't look so good. What should I do about them? If it's just a matter of water changes I think I'll leave him in the QT bowl because his tank is too much work to change every day, being that to change a reasonable amount of the water I'm taking out 5-7 gallons.