Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #11 
Kethlas

I'm currently using the 10w version of this in my betta's temporary half-gallons:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4134008
Kethlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #12 
loydandmel

Same

My son's fish is doing the same thing. The only differences to the questions asked are.
She is in a 5 gallon take with a filter. We had to buy a new filter/pump last week.
She is still eating but on moving much. We had to move her tank last week because were were doing some paining. She stated laying on the bottom yesterday.

Do I need to take some of her water out and add new? I added some tank start to her tank tonight.

We do not have a heater. We live in Tx and we have has some very cold days lately a heater might be what we need.

Thank you for any and all advice. My son loves Snowflake and is very sad she is not well.
loydandmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #13 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by loydandmel View Post
My son's fish is doing the same thing. The only differences to the questions asked are.
She is in a 5 gallon take with a filter. We had to buy a new filter/pump last week.
She is still eating but on moving much. We had to move her tank last week because were were doing some paining. She stated laying on the bottom yesterday.

Do I need to take some of her water out and add new? I added some tank start to her tank tonight.

We do not have a heater. We live in Tx and we have has some very cold days lately a heater might be what we need.

Thank you for any and all advice. My son loves Snowflake and is very sad she is not well.
Hi!

Your issue sounds like it's the same thing. Water quality and temperature.

In an uncycled 5 gallon tank with a filter, you should make 2-3 50% water changes per week. Make sure the water you add is conditioned and is within a few degrees of the water already in the tank.

A heater will definitely help the temperature to remain constant in the 76-82 degree range and your fish will be much healthier.

For this first change, I'd change out 75% the first day, and 50% the next two days, then turn to a schedule of 2-3 50% changes per week.

Last edited by kfish; 02-08-2011 at 11:06 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #14 
loydandmel

Thank you,
We go a heater for her last night. I am prepping some water now. So I will change it out this evening.
loydandmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta not moving