Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

New tank for Butterfly!

Hello! Butterfly has been in a few tanks already, a temporary 0.36 gallon tank and a 1.5 gallon tank. I though he would be in the 1.5 gallon for pretty much his whole life. But, I started having problems. The filter tore Butterfly's fins to shreds, and the tank would become dangerously cloudy only 2 days after a cleaning. The water itself seemed slimy, and the walls were gross. So, I tossed that tank out to the sharks (well, the garage :P) and set this tank up! I got 5 pounds of the new gravel, and gave some to my CT and some to Butterfly. Still have 2 pounds left! :) This tank is around 2 gallons, he has 2 silk plants, a pineapple spongebob cave and new gravel. The tank has a nice blue lid too. I am hoping that the frest tank and gravel will help his fins heal more quickly. :) Do you think this is a good setup? :)
Also, I am thinking of renaming Butterfly. Something cute and nice, fit for a pretty little betta. I'd love some ideas! Thanks. :D
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #2 
bettamaniac

that looks like the tank I kept my first betta in but mine was only about 1/3 of a gallon and my first betta lived the longest out of all of my bettas
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #3 
DazzleKitty

I like the Spongebob pineapple house! I've been tempted to get one of those myself.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #4 
Pekemom

The tank looks really cute!! The pineapple is precious. What's wrong with the name Butterfly? I think it suits him!! Nice clear water, too. Good job on the tank..
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks so much guys! I loooooove the pineapple, and so does he! He usually sleeps inside of it, and he loves peeping his head out of the window. I definitely reccomend those little caves, they are adorable, they aren't scratchy and my bettas love them! And I'm not really sure why I don't like the name Butterfly... hmm. Oh well! I'm glad you like the tank, I love it. The water is just so clear, and the gravel is so adorable! :P
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

Update!

Okay, here is an update. I decided to put a filter and a heater in after Butterfly turned lethargic and pale, and was just floating at the top. This morning his colors are vibrant and he is swimming around again, but I'm not sure if this is a good filter or not? It was the next smallest size filter-wise at the nearest Petco, it says it is for up to 6 gallons. This tank is only 2-2.5 gallons or so, and I am worrying that the filter is too powerful? I put his pineapple in front of where the filter sucks up water so Butterfly can't get stuck, and the pineapple also blocks where the water comes out so the current isn't as bad. Still, do you think this is too rough for Butterfly? The only other filter I have is smaller (3 gallon tank size) but that is the one that tore his fins, and I don't want to risk it again... does this look good now?
Attached Images