Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #21 
jschristian44

i have eco-complete substrate and i really like it. it can get messy, but i use a funnel to put it in the tank and it works fine.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #22 
kholder

Thanks for all the info. I've been looking around at all the plants, etc. at all the different sites. One site will have "A", but not "B", so I may not be able to get what I want from just one place. I feel like I am about ready to order, however I have a new problem. What is going to look good where in my tank? What's a good low-med. light centerpiece type plant? What's going to look good in foreground, background? I am thinking that I'll just order, plant, and move plants around later when I see what kind of height and expansion they're going to take on. Suggestions welcomed.
kholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #23 
kholder

Here is a picture of my 10 gallon as it presently sits. I recently lowered the water level for a couple of reasons. 1) Just to see if I might like it better being able to view activity at the top of the water level, including being able to see floating plants, 2) So Si, the mystery snail can have better access to air if he wishes, 3) to see if the sound of the water coming out of the filter is annoying or soothing.

Now I need to find out which low light plants (non-co2) would fill in nicely for the current fake plants. I do believe I'm completely sold on the frogbit - what a lovely plant that is (another reason I lowered the water level).

Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #24 
Oldfishlady

I like water wisteria...its a nice low-mod light plant and easy to grow and propagate easy and fast so you can fill in spaces with just a few starts of it, crypts are easy low-mod lights too and you can get bronze colored ones to give some color to the tank and vals and sags both low-mod light to give height in the back....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #25 
wallywestisthebest333

as for a centerpiece: dwarf lilies and red tiger lotuses make great centerpieces! =] Unfortunately the sight I bought my plants from was sold out so I think I'm going to buy one of those dried bulbs and see if I can sprout it this time! =]

If you buy a dried bulb I highly suggest putting it in a shallow dish of water or a small cup in the sunlight to let it sprout. Don't keep it in your tank just incase it molds. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #26 
kholder

I can't believe how much looking around a plants I have done these past few days. I'll put a package together, then back out, unsure of myself. I do know the one thing I really wanted after seeing it is the frogbit, so I ordered some of that tonight - should have it in a week or so. Meanwhile, I need to replace one light bulb in the hood and decide what other plants to buy. I ended up ordering the frogbit from an eBay seller, I'll let you all know how that worked out. It was the best price (w/shipping costs) I could find for just ONE item. Basically worked out to a buck something for each piece.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #27 
kholder

Received frogbit (eBay purchase). Was supposed to get 6 plants. I received one fully intact plant, two two leafed o plants that appear to have roots. What was left in the bag was just single leafs with no roots. Sad to say, I was very let down by this purchase. I have notified the seller of my disatisfaction in hopes he will make the transaction right...if not, live and learn.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #28 
Hadouken441

Should have asked me for frogbit! I would have givin you a sandwhichbad full for like $6 bucks!
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #29 
kholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken441 View Post
Should have asked me for frogbit! I would have givin you a sandwhichbad full for like $6 bucks!
I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Tags
co2, planted tank, substrate