Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #11 
Sweeda88

Also, 3.33 gallons is PLENTY for any Betta, unless it's a King Betta. If I had a King Betta, I would give it at LEAST 5 gallons to itself. But there is no way a normal size Betta absolutely NEEDS 10 gallons to itself.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #12 
Scrambles

O, I see. Sorry.
But they are not expensive though, hell you can even build 1 yourself for under $5 if your crafty.
Scrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #13 
Scrambles

But my scrambles needs his 10 gallon, once I took him out & put him in a 2.5 gallon while I was fixing up the 10gallon & boy was he mad at me. He was shooting daggers at me the whole day & pitching a big fit, but when I put him back in the 10 gallon he was like "I'm cool"
Scrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

They aren't "cheap" when what little you have needs to go into necessities. Also, I have no problem having my fish in a smaller tank. They've never been in a big tank by themselves, so they don't have any problem.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #15 
Goomba3

Not only is a space and money issue with a lot of people, it's a time issue as well. It would take me well over an hour to clean each of my one-gallon tanks, but now it only takes me half an hour to clean my ten-gallon. One filter, on heater, three fish. Yes, I am worried about one of the fish getting through a divider, but my 175lb boyfriend had troubles sliding my dividers in and out of their slots, so I doubt a little 2 ounce fish could knock it down.

I know you said your fish prefers to be in a bigger tank, and that is true of some fish. Some prefer bigger tanks, some prefer smaller. Though given time, I'm sure your fish would adjust to a smaller tank if the need be.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote