Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #1 
gahcrazy

Generation Net.

Generation Net-ers are those that perfer thier onlline lives over thier real lives. I'm not making this stuff up, o.k. read about it today. Do we have any on Bettafish.com?
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #2 
shinybetta

Woah! I am not one. I doubt anyone would admit it though......
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #3 
gahcrazy

yea i agree, if i could figure out how to put a poll in it now i would
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Well I have more online friends than I do real ones if that says anything. I don't feel I have an online "life" though. I just enjoy talking to people with the same interests as me.

I do prefer to be online than out at parties or other highly social situations but that's because I'm a homebody. I'm not comfortable in situations with a whole bunch of people.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #5 
gahcrazy

Thats interesting. It's easy being yourself online opposed to being inperson. Perhaps someone could explain it better than i.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Well I have more online friends than I do real ones if that says anything. I don't feel I have an online "life" though. I just enjoy talking to people with the same interests as me.

I do prefer to be online than out at parties or other highly social situations but that's because I'm a homebody. I'm not comfortable in situations with a whole bunch of people.
Same here. I had friends when I lived in Colorado then we move to Kentucky. Then BOOM, no friends. lol I have more online friends than real friends, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #7 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post

I feel the same way, although I'm fine with being out at parties and such. I just prefer a more relaxed environment.

Growing up though, I lived in an extremely small town so I was always exposed to the same people, same drama, same gossip. Online friends were nice because they could help me out without really the fear of judgement or the chance of spreading issues I'd rather keep private from people at school.

Currently I'm still in touch with almost all my online friends I've met. There are a couple I talk to on a regular basis even. It's kind of cool because I started talking to them almost 5 years ago so it's like we grew up together in a way. Of course I still have a good balance of real-life friends as well. (Although, I might add they're failing me right now -_-)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know what I would have done without the support of my online friends when I was dealing with the aftermath of my mom's surgery.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote