Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #31 
bamsuddenimpact

I do have a lid, but it has a hole, its the one he came in from petco.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #32 
turtle10

lower the water level in main tank (one with floating cup), then take the lid off.

That way he can't jump out but if the cup falls he can rise to the surface.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #33 
brandonwlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Please don't do this until you have read more info!

I personally have never heard of this being done.

Where did you hear this?
hi turtle10, i've not 'heard' this, but personally done this a lot of times and it proven works, this is what a lot of breeders do cause we can't risk our breeder fish, or other fishes that may get the fin rot as well as the result of shared water, but anyhow, this is only for the experienced so if you are a beginer, do it with caution. and also note that i stressed that the 'severe' fin rot over half of the tail, so if not treated well, it will rot till the body let alone the whole tail. so this is the last resort. anyway just for hobbyist' info, some of the thai halfmoon breeders cut the fish's caudal just to stimulate spawning, and it works. For home breeders this is not advisable if have minor fin rot, as there's still medicine remedies.
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #34 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwlee View Post
hi turtle10, i've not 'heard' this, but personally done this a lot of times and it proven works, this is what a lot of breeders do cause we can't risk our breeder fish, or other fishes that may get the fin rot as well as the result of shared water, but anyhow, this is only for the experienced so if you are a beginer, do it with caution. and also note that i stressed that the 'severe' fin rot over half of the tail, so if not treated well, it will rot till the body let alone the whole tail. so this is the last resort. anyway just for hobbyist' info, some of the thai halfmoon breeders cut the fish's caudal just to stimulate spawning, and it works. For home breeders this is not advisable if have minor fin rot, as there's still medicine remedies.
I sorry, because you were a new member I just assumed you were new to bettas! So sorry, you know what they say about assuming! lol.

That would be terrible if the fin rot got to the body :(
Old 02-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #35 
brandonwlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I sorry, because you were a new member I just assumed you were new to bettas! So sorry, you know what they say about assuming! lol.

That would be terrible if the fin rot got to the body :(
no problem turtle10, you do have your point there too. anyway, the most important thing is to share information that benefit the hobby. What may be best for a particluar person may not be ideal for others given different situations. thats y i like this forum as there are so many betta enthusiasist that are willing to share their valuable experience like you !! :)
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #36 
turtle10

So true!