Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #1 
danipar09

Fin Rot, Fin Loss, White Thing?????

hello. i'm kinda looking for help with the fin rot, fin loss situation. i have two bettas. one male and one female. they are in a 2.5 divided gallon tank. i got both for christmas and i noticed that my male had fin rot. so we went to the store and got tablets for the tank. they worked wonders. white patches cleared up and everything was good with my male. well a couple days ago while feeding them i noticed my male, a halfmoon had lost the middle part of his back fins. but everything else is fine. no sign of fin rot, he is eating right, water changes every week and partial water changes every other day. the fin was not torn, and honestly it looks like a clean cut.
anyways, so i changed their water yesterday as soon as i finished feeding. put another tab in the water and added my water conditioner. i have gravel and rounded rocks and one plant on each side. nothing really worries me except for the gravel. my male does have a tendency to go chill in the corner at the bottom for some reason. he doesn't do it much or for long but i figured it might be something to consider.

and now i am noticing a little white thing on his side. it's not a dot or anything. but then again i'm not completely sure what it is. i'm still giving the aquarium it's tablets for fungus and changing the water frequently with the use of water conditioner. i have read that aquarium salt could help with this. does anyone know anything about that?
danipar09 is offline   Reply With Quote