Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #11 
dipsydoodlenoodle

my male is in with apple snails, sulawasi snails, red chery shrimp and bee shrimp..he hasn't bothered with anyone yet
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #12 
Thunderloon

lots

I've got two male tanks, one for rares and one for common.
She likes common Veils and they seem to get along well with lots so when I realized how lonely Emo was I added some neon tetras and slowly the population grew. I've about 22 fish in that ten now with Goat; neon, glow lights, black neon, cardinal, roberti bloodfin/green fire fry, one double-albino neon and one albino black neon.

The double albino neon has no red marking and is just a pink thing with blue eye rim and blue line.

The albino black neon acts more like a pristella... so owns the top half of the tank when the ruling heavyweight is sleeping.
That's the ten, I keep a five with five or six pristella (gold and regular) in with my specialty tails whenever I get them, right now its Sherbert a half-moon. When he's angry he tries for 3/4 moon tho, been to 215 a couple times!

My sorority tank I have one male fancy gupper with a harem to keep him off the betta, a pair of male molly (survivors of the molly death feast of 2010) and one chinese algae eater.

The algae eater is getting a bit long in the proboscis, I may have to take him back and get another young one, but he sure does keep the tank clear. They attack using super-hickey power but are incredibly tough. If he was alone with a male betta I'd bet on the algae eater but the one time he really went at a girl (she deserved it) three others jumped him and he held himself out of the water for about 30 seconds. They can jump to clear small waterfalls.

From what I've seen most betta like company as long as they aren't crowded, Goat likes to swim through the feeding cloud of tetra to share in the fun on the little fancy guppy pellets.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #13 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderloon View Post
I've got two male tanks, one for rares and one for common.
She likes common Veils and they seem to get along well with lots so when I realized how lonely Emo was I added some neon tetras and slowly the population grew. I've about 22 fish in that ten now with Goat; neon, glow lights, black neon, cardinal, roberti bloodfin/green fire fry, one double-albino neon and one albino black neon.

The double albino neon has no red marking and is just a pink thing with blue eye rim and blue line.

The albino black neon acts more like a pristella... so owns the top half of the tank when the ruling heavyweight is sleeping.
That's the ten, I keep a five with five or six pristella (gold and regular) in with my specialty tails whenever I get them, right now its Sherbert a half-moon. When he's angry he tries for 3/4 moon tho, been to 215 a couple times!

My sorority tank I have one male fancy gupper with a harem to keep him off the betta, a pair of male molly (survivors of the molly death feast of 2010) and one chinese algae eater.

The algae eater is getting a bit long in the proboscis, I may have to take him back and get another young one, but he sure does keep the tank clear. They attack using super-hickey power but are incredibly tough. If he was alone with a male betta I'd bet on the algae eater but the one time he really went at a girl (she deserved it) three others jumped him and he held himself out of the water for about 30 seconds. They can jump to clear small waterfalls.

From what I've seen most betta like company as long as they aren't crowded, Goat likes to swim through the feeding cloud of tetra to share in the fun on the little fancy guppy pellets.
Im sorry, but unless I misunderstood, 22 fish in a 10 gallon is VERY crowded. You can expect that to end in disaster...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #14 
Thunderloon

well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Im sorry, but unless I misunderstood, 22 fish in a 10 gallon is VERY crowded. You can expect that to end in disaster...
The tetras don't seem to harass him at all, they're shoalers and very aware of his presence getting out of his way when he goes by. They like to swim in formation in the gentle bottom current so he's got the top six inches of the tank almost to himself with the exception of the albino black. They're all my pet fish's pet fish.

They're all still "young" at 18 months from fry and under an inch and it has an Emperor 280 for the win. Got my chemicals all in a line and very stable. Beating that on the head, it's got real dirt in it.

Remember Kids, Don't try being me at home!

Last edited by Thunderloon; 02-12-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote