Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #1 
zpeck30

female guppy and ghost shrimp

thought id try out something new..he does fine with two ottos and 5 zebra danios in a ten gallon so tonight i picked up 3 ghost shrimp and 2 female fancy tail guppies.. the guppies are real"plain jain" silver heads black and silver tail not too flashy not very big tails..so the betta has kind of sized up a shrimp but pretty much let it alone however the guppies hell chase them off if they get close and did like a half flare at first..im hopping its just the sight of a new fish that got him excited and hell eventually leave them alone..i tried to get the guppies that were least flashy
zpeck30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #2 
crowntail lover

Just keep an eye on them
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #3 
zpeck30

well i think thats the least of my worries now..a few days ago i noticed me betta had beed swiming kinda goofy like rubbing on the side but hes usually real active and i didnt think muuch of it dint see any ick spots..well now there about 4 white spots on his front fins and he pretty much just sits still now dosnt really eat much either..one of the guppies already died.idk if the betta got him or not it was swimming around real healthy then 2hours later it was floating upside down dead..no real signs of ripped fins or anything..about an hour later i noticed both of my ottos hardly moving one laying on its side..i just did a ptw yesterday but the nitrates were though the rough..so i did like a fifty percent change again and it dropped down a little but still a bit high i figure il do another ptw tommarow..the ottos are still alive but barly the bigger one will move from tiem to time but not much the others bine laying on its side for hours now but still breathing and my betta just sits in the corner..i wonder if those guppies and shrimp brought a disease they were all from the same tank....
Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #4 
turtle10

Why did you buy the guppies and fish if your betta was ill? Plus I really think your tank is over stocked now.

Also, ALWAYS quarantine new fish.

Last edited by turtle10; 02-15-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot something
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 
zpeck30

i didnt know he was sick til afterwards.and 6tiny fish three goast shrimp and a bettas not overstocked oh and 2ottos none are more than an inch long
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #6 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpeck30 View Post
well i think thats the least of my worries now..a few days ago i noticed me betta had beed swiming kinda goofy like rubbing on the side but hes usually real active and i didnt think muuch of it dint see any ick spots..well now there about 4 white spots on his front fins and he pretty much just sits still now dosnt really eat much either..one of the guppies already died.idk if the betta got him or not it was swimming around real healthy then 2hours later it was floating upside down dead..no real signs of ripped fins or anything..about an hour later i noticed both of my ottos hardly moving one laying on its side..i just did a ptw yesterday but the nitrates were though the rough..so i did like a fifty percent change again and it dropped down a little but still a bit high i figure il do another ptw tommarow..the ottos are still alive but barly the bigger one will move from tiem to time but not much the others bine laying on its side for hours now but still breathing and my betta just sits in the corner..i wonder if those guppies and shrimp brought a disease they were all from the same tank....
You said right here you noticed he didn't seem right.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #7 
zpeck30

i didnt relize he was sick til afterwards..notice it says but i didnt think much of it,anyways i made this post for advice not to get yelled at at

Last edited by bearwithfish; 02-18-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #8 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpeck30 View Post
i didnt relize he was sick til afterwards..notice it says but i didnt think much of it,anyways i made this post for advice not to get yelled at
Excuse me? How was I "yelling" at you? I was just showing you where you said he was feeling ill.

Last edited by bearwithfish; 02-18-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #9 
Marona

Sounds pretty overstocked...
Marona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #10 
alidawn15

If that's overstocked there are a lot of people with even worse tanks on this forum.
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote