Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #21 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I've only had good experiences with Bob's. I didn't like that she sent all my plants in one bag and didn't label (even though I told her I'm new to plants and needed ID's on them) but besides that everything was great. My snails were in the same bag (I got one mystery and one nerite) but they are both extremely healthy and happy.

I always dip my plants in a very mild bleach solution and then QT them for 2 weeks. You should quarantine every living thing that goes in your tank, even plants. I never noticed bugs on mine but then again as soon as I open them up they get dipped. I did notice quite a few pond snails however but they're killed by the bleach.

Edit to add.. I'm ordering my next set of plants from Heather however because she has almost everything I'm looking for (except christmas moss) but BOY is she expensive O.O I'm not even ordering everything I probably need and it's already like $52 including shipping.
How light is that bleach solution you use? I have never had issues but it is a good thing come to think of it. I am just scared of killing off the plants and then introducing anything with bleach into my tank and well..
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #22 
1fish2fish

One part bleach to ten parts water... Dip a few times then rinse good. Repeat a couple of times and rinse again really good. QT in a bucket for a week or two and yyou should nt have any problems IME
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #23 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3TTA LUVA View Post
Oh, Saw the pictures of your plants that is bad!!!
I know T-T And I was so excited about it!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #24 
vaygirl

Java fern will have these little brown bumps on the bottom of leaves. It's normal. I have a ton of pond snails in all my tanks but I have a dwarf puffer I feed them to. They're not so bad. Your fish may even eat them. Wraith and Logan suck them out of their shells just like Huey does. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #25 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
One part bleach to ten parts water... Dip a few times then rinse good. Repeat a couple of times and rinse again really good. QT in a bucket for a week or two and yyou should nt have any problems IME
Posted via Mobile Device
Great! Thanks for that info. All new plants get bathed from now on.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote