Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #11 
Oldfishlady

With multi problems I would mix the salt or use large dose of Epsom salt 3tsp/gal along with 100% water changes daily
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #12 
Luliyuhrouwn

Thank you so much. Right now i have 1 teaspoon/gallon of Epsom salt. Tonight when I do my water change, I'll add 2 teaspoons of aquarium salt. I have the temp at about 74. I hope this works, thanks again both of you for all of your advice.
Luliyuhrouwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

I would bump the heat up to at least 76F....it is a fine line sometimes in keeping the temp high enough for the fish yet low enough so not to encourage bacterial growth....

Good luck and keep us posted...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #14 
Luliyuhrouwn

I added the aquarium salt and have been doing 100% water changes daily (with both salts) since. I keep him quarantined in a cup floating in his tank, the temp is abut 76-77.
yesterday, he seemed to be improving a bit, no more fuzzies, and he was resting horizontally, no funny tilt to his orientation.
today however, he's back to floating with his head pointing towards the surface. also, twice today i was certain he had passed, even when i would let my fingers break the surface of the water, he had no reaction whatsoever. not even gill movement. then after a few minutes, he would go crazy swimming around the cup and ramming his head into the sides or bottom for about 30 seconds. then proceed to let himself sink back down.
what the heck is going on?!
Luliyuhrouwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #15 
Aluyasha

That does not sound good. In my experince, that is what Bettas do when they are dying...
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote