Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #11 
bettamaniac

I dont know much about cories even though I have one but if there is something sticking out of its side than it will most likely die from the wound itself.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #12 
Crazykat

We'll see. The problem is that whatever was growing on it's side left a large hole when it popped/left. So, there's no longer something sticking out of his side. However, Q the QT cory has been active and eating for the past week and I can see that the wound is healing. Fingers crossed!
Crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #13 
Pekemom

Great job on the recovery plan. Yes, fish without scales is a whole different ball game...Keep us posted - cories are adorable and I hope he's better soon!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #14 
Crazykat

Well, Q the cory died today during one of my midterm exams. Not the best thing to come back to after a grueling exam. When I took him out, I could see how bad the wound really was, and it was bad. His swim bladder was actually exposed. Poor baby. Now, I have another sick cory who is bleeding. I think I'm just going to put the cories in my semi-planted tank. It's less stressful on them than hanging in a box inside the tank. The newly sick cory has a bleeding wound on his back. I'm not sure if the betta did it or what. As far as I can see, Dory ignores everyone else in the tank. I seem to be terrible with cories. Tally: One squished by the lps lady, one dead in a filter accident, one dead of unknown parasite/tumor/wth thing. And now one bleeding. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. Water parameters are great, shrimp and betta are thriving. What is going on here?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #15 
Crazykat

Looking at the cories again. There was a big red gash on one, I could swear it...but now there's nothing. I'm losing my mind. I need chocolate. 'Scuse me.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #16 
LolaQuigs

I'm so sorry you lost him, I can't imagine what could have caused such a serious wound. Glad to hear the other guy is ok after all though.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #17 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

crazycat,

It sounds like a string of unfortunate occurances. :(

Hang in there... hopefully, your cory cats' bad luck streak is over, and they (and you) can enjoy their fishy antics.

Good luck to you and them!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote