Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

The standard two pin bulbs that most aquarium hoods are sold with...yes, they are all inter-changeable...I have regular aquarium hoods on all my tanks...I just don't buy aquarium bulbs for them...lol....it seems if it has aquarium written on it...it will cost 3 times more....lol....I am on a budget...so I buy and use a lot of non-aquarium things and still get the same results....the lights I use over my 55g and 75g only cost $10.00...shop lights from walmart or home depot......holds two bulbs they cost $10.00 for two...works perfect.....and you can even paint the shop light to blend in or match your color scheme....or even build a canopy.......

Start out with a small tank and a few plants and propagate them and start setting up more tanks as you go...that what I did....lol....I only spent a total of $40.00 on plants and now have 13 tanks packed full and twice a year I take a mass amount of plants, fish, inverts to market to pay for my hobby....keeps me busy...laffs.......but its fun......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #12 
karlhague

Search Trumpet Snails on Ebay.co.uk There is loads of them.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #13 
FuulieQ

>:l

OFL, you need to write a sticky thread so that other people know all your tips and tricks.

Yeah, it's really hard to find floating plants around here, major pain in the butt... and I have like ten dollars. Ha ha. But that's awesome advice with the bulbs, that'll really help out.

Thanks, Karlhague, I'll do that if I can't find them at my local shop.

Update on Robert, he wouldn't eat this morning or at noon... he looks like he's got lots of tiny scratches in his iridescent coating from darting around and hitting things... I think I might have to move him, I dunno if he'll ever get used to the new tank.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote