Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #11 
Lion Mom

I feed him algae wafers three nights a week after lights out. Have to do it that way or the cichlids would eat it all! :)

About a year ago I invested in an LED "moonlight" so I see him more now. It was kind of pricey, but I am SO glad I spent the money!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #12 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
I feed him algae wafers three nights a week after lights out. Have to do it that way or the cichlids would eat it all! :)

About a year ago I invested in an LED "moonlight" so I see him more now. It was kind of pricey, but I am SO glad I spent the money!!!
Does he really come out more? And how bright is the moonlight?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #13 
Goomba3

My mom had a 30 gallon tank and always kept a pleco. I absolutely adore them, they are awesome. Her's, she had for like a decade, and he got HUGE. Eventually he just died and was eaten by the other fish in the tank. I ended up buying her another one, which started out very small and over the next 5 years grew to be 8 inches! He kept hiding in all the same spots as he grew, but he forgot his tail was longer and would always be poking out from underneath the eaves of the house decoration in the tank, it was funny. He would hang out upside for days as well, so that seems to be normal.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #14 
turtle10

That is so cute, that he didn't know you could still see him lol! Hopefully once she adjusts more I will start to see more of her personality.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #15 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Does he really come out more? And how bright is the moonlight?
Yes - I have 3 nocturnal fish in that tank. Not super bright - it doesn't keep anybody from sleeping. It isn't the entire length of the tank - I have it set up in the middle of the tank so the far sides are dark. It's bright enough to see in a darkened room.

TBH, even if I didn't have any nocturnal fish I would be happy I bought it since it's so cool lookin'!!!

Oh - and the algae wafers I feed are the Tetra Veggie/Algae ones.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #16 
LolaQuigs

Cute! I didn't realize there were pleco species that stayed so small! I may have to reconsider my plans for the bottom feeder in my future 30 gallon community tank.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #17 
turtle10

I really want to try the moonlight now! I always wish I could look at the "night life" in my community, but of course I would need light and that would defeat the purpose lol, so moonlight seems perfect!

Tags
20g high, pleco