Betta Fish Forum banner

I think he's dying..

2K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  Aluyasha 
#1 ·
I've had Bacardi for a little over a year now, almost a year and a half. He is a comb tail betta. When i got him last year on res he was in a 2gal filtered/heated tank and he was flourishing. Then i had to move with my parents 5 hours and his tank broke.. SO He was chilling in a 2 gal un filtered/heated and was still doing great. Then i got him a great big 10gal all for himself which was filtered and heated and he got really lethargic so i moved him to a 5 gal filtered and heated. That made him go down hill so ive been medicating him in the 2 gal which is unfiltered and heated but he just isnt doing great... I change his water every other day he gets fed a mixture of the betta pellets, blood worms, and betta flakes. He doesn't get too much sun but isn't in total darkness either. I dont know whats going on with him, he's just pale and really skinny. Hes floating normally and swimming normally.. Just looks sick. :-? I was treating him for fin rot before cuz his tail was starting to disintegrate and he was turning into a tail biter.... Suggestions/help?

#27 ·
You love him and that is why you are even thinking about euthanizing him. That is the ultimate act for a caring pet owner. We get our animals and right from the first time they come into our homes we make a promise to them to always care about their welfare and to help prevent their suffering. This is just a continuation on that promise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.