Betta Fish Forum banner

Filter Baffle Question

629 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Thunderloon 
#1 ·
I have looked... maybe I am not looking for the right thing, but what does a filter sponge look like? The picture in my mind never matches what I see in stores

#2 ·
What I did was I went to walmart and to the cleaning section where you will find the cleaning sponges for mops and stuff. DONT get one that has any cleaning product in it. Only get one that tells what is used in the sponge and that is says nothing of cleaning products in it, just a plain sponge. I got a plain blue one. All it said was that it was a sponge, and it had a plastic thing on one side to attach a mop to, but I took that off.
It worked just fine. :)
But if you are unsure, don't get it.

#6 ·
no, and its TINY probably not big enough.

What you're looking for will be over by the aqua-clear filters at petco. In a box lined up with all sorts of other junk for aquaclears.
(Really, does ANYBODY use zeolite carbon mix bags anymore?!?)

An alternative to using a rubber band you can get a small roll of endless twist-tie or sometimes you can get some for free from packing stores like UPS store. Run this through a long section of air-line hose and use it to secure the foam on the front by twisting it in the back. Rubber band looks like worm to me, I assume someplace there's a betta strung-out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.