Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #41 
Sweeda88

Nanners will jump at my fingers when I'm doing something above or in the tank, thinking I have food. Also, at feeding time, he'll jump at me even if the food is already in the water. Blush snatches her food so fast it makes a clicking sound, and darts away. She is SO cute!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #42 
bloo97

D'aww.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #43 
Pekemom

Today, Brooke jumped up to grab the bloodworm from my fingertip! I've only had her three weeks and she is bright and bold! For a tiny CT female, she's such a feisty thing, and has no fear!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #44 
BettasAreBomb

Topaz fallows his reflection in circles for about 15 seconds haha!
BettasAreBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 AM   #45 
Thunderloon

My white-to-blue girl, Blue, gets sooo excited to see me and my wiggling fingers that she'll uncontrollably knock anyone else near her away... then she stops and realizes she did it and flee.

Goat, Her boy, likes to try out things he sees the neons do, he'll sink into their formation and hold position, swim into their cloud of food and eat with them and he's even mimicked the egg laying behavior of the female neons. (quietly swim off and rub booty on glass or plants)

I've already mentioned sherbert "parasoling" where he puts his head down and shades himself with tail... Forrest my four hour fish did that twice in his cup.

A new split delta (DtDt) boy I got kept jumping out of the 4-way into the girls tank and chasing the mollies around. Sometimes Petco gets ODD boys. He ignored the girls completely, young I guess.

Fluffy is STILL flying around his 2gal hex in full joy... never seen one that energetic before.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #46 
Thunderloon

Not mine but I remember reading a story about a boy who'd push a clear glass marble around the bottom to see what things looked like through it.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #47 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Okay - I'm twisting the thread here a bit, but...

This post is about my weird female P. Khuli Loach, Laurina. These fish are supposed to be shy, and enjoy hiding.

Prehaps because when I purchased her, she was a lone loach (they naturally hang in large groups), Laurina exhibits some weird behaviors.

She's not shy at all, and is comfortable being out in the open.

Since she's been moved to the 20H, her new favorite spot to hang out is on the suction cups for the heater. She'll lay there limp, likes she's dead... later, I find her buzzing around the tank with the catfish, semi-normal (that's as normal as she gets).

I know she's not a betta, but she's definitely one of the weirdest fish I've ever kept! I am always amused/amazed by her antics.

Ok, this thread is now returning to normal! *ZAP*
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #48 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post

This post is about my weird female P. Khuli Loach, Laurina. These fish are supposed to be shy, and enjoy hiding.

Prehaps because when I purchased her, she was a lone loach (they naturally hang in large groups), Laurina exhibits some weird behaviors.

Since she's been moved to the 20H, her new favorite spot to hang out is on the suction cups for the heater. She'll lay there limp, likes she's dead... later, I find her buzzing around the tank with the catfish, semi-normal (that's as normal as she gets).

I know she's not a betta, but she's definitely one of the weirdest fish I've ever kept! I am always amused/amazed by her antics.

Pride does that to almost anything. Veryhappyloachfish!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #49 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post

That's her way of saying, "Dude I Love This Tank!"
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #50 
BlueHaven

One funny thing my female did the other day:
I was playing around and decided to stare at her funny and grin, she stared back (she does that, she will look at me for a long time harldy moving), and then turned away. Well I kept watching her swim about and she turned around and literally gave me this look like, "Will you STOP it?"
lol

Shimmy, my crowntail was sitting behind a floating piece of plant and when I came up to his tank he got super excited and tried to swim over, but the plant was in the way so it stuck on his face. He kept trying to wiggle it off and swim up to the front, I found it cute. :D
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote