Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #11 
misamiania

Can you buy the raw oak or do you actually need to go find it.
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #12 
misamiania

When I change them from one tankt o the other do I need completly new water or will it be okay with the water that's in there? Well in Rosso's case going into Zebo's
Old 02-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #13 
misamiania

So just thought I'd let those who posted know... just having him on my desk, though he's in the cup right now waiting on the little hosp tank to warm up and get ready, his fin is already looking better. I'm deffinitly going to be putting him in my 5 gal instead of Rosso.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #14 
Oldfishlady

I have never seen raw oak leaf sold in stores.....I pick them up in my yard...lol....if you do collect them...make sure they come from a pesticide free area

If he has not been in your source water-I would do a slow acclimation by adding small amounts of your source water to his water over 20-30 min to be safe...if he is brand new and still in pet shop water...don't add any pet shop water to the tank
If the tank has been running for several months-you may still need to do a slow acclimation....sometimes things in the tank can change chemistry of the water...better safe than sorry...lol.....and make at least 50% water change on the other tank if it had livestock in it before the new Betta....just to make sure water prams are at safe levels.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #15 
misamiania

I have never seen raw oak leaf sold in stores.....I pick them up in my yard...lol....if you do collect them...make sure they come from a pesticide free area

I had the heater running in the little tank for an hour and it stayed at 26/27* the entire time so I think I can get the tea thing to work. An by the end of the week he'll have his own 5 gal tank. :) Which I'm sure he'll delight in since it'll be on my desk. He already seems happier just being on my desk in eye sight of me.
If he has not been in your source water-I would do a slow acclimation by adding small amounts of your source water to his water over 20-30 min to be safe...if he is brand new and still in pet shop water...don't add any pet shop water to the tank
If the tank has been running for several months-you may still need to do a slow acclimation....sometimes things in the tank can change chemistry of the water...better safe than sorry...lol.....and make at least 50% water change on the other tank if it had livestock in it before the new Betta....just to make sure water prams are at safe levels.....

No I've had him since last friday or saturday I think it was... The other fish a week longer.

Hmm... well I already added him, but I'll go do a quick water change. Hopefully he'll be okay. He's spent the hole time sitting in a cup just getting use to the water temp and the temps equaling out. So 3 hours now an I added them about five minutes ago.