Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #11 
Sweeda88

Wow, I would be pissed. What an idiot!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #12 
tsoto80

he is the same guy that gave me problems when I first started betta keeping just like before I swear he smelled like alcohol and he was acting kinda strange I dunno maybe Im being paranoid
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #13 
jcinnb

In my first community aquarium, back in early 90's (before widespread internet and information) I had a betta with some dwarf gouramis and some other, common LFS stuff, too.

For awhile everything was fine. One day, one of the dwarfs was dead, the next, a second was dead, and a third had his eye trailing alongside its body. It died later that day.

I then went to library did some research and learned the two don't mix due to being in same family/genus or something. Do not do it.
jcinnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #14 
turtle10

You should report that guy. He is the LAST person the store owners want representing their store.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with Turtle. I'm surprised his co-workers didn't report him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #16 
tsoto80

Maybe they all fel the same as he does....what is the likelyhood of me going to PetSmart on two different occasions weeks apart and he was drinking on the job both times? Even if I reported him what would I say to the manager? Is there anything else that would make a person smell like alcohol? That day he told me I was doing the right thing by asking him a lot of questions. He said many other people come in and blame him and yell that their fish died and it is not his fault they did not ask question. I told that to my BF and he told me that right there proves he was giving out wrong information.....
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #17 
ChelseaK

I would say definitely report him. I don't think very highly of the people that work in the chain pet stores ( due to an experience that I had with someone at PetLand), but I know that at my LFS, the guy in the fish department is VERY knowledgeable and is always helpful. He will tell you the honest truth even if it means he won't get a sale. I cannot go to any chain store to buy fish anymore because I know that no one takes care of them as well as this guy does.
Especially if the guy is coming in to work drunk, in a customer service job, that is not acceptable (nor is acceptable anywhere else, but more easily hidden). I'm a bartender, I know :p.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #18 
tdiaz

I used to have a tank with two dwarf gourami, three female betta, a young pleco, and a spotted molly.
The biggest/only problem I had was between my three girls--two of them ganged up on the third. Once I took the bullied one out, the other two were best friends and I never had an issue with them. I thought it was weird, but there was never a fight--and the two girls I left weren't sisters. I had to take one of the sisters out. @_@
tdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote