Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #121 
fishman12

So true. Lately I've been in several different petcos and a walmart. I saw the very small tanks and went over to it. It didn't say a size. Happened in Petco and Walmart. It's shameful.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #122 
baylee767

The ipond was so cruel that, even though people never do this for fish, it was banned. I hope the person that thought up that idea went broke after that one.

The main problem here is that fish aren't even IN the animal cruelty laws (I think) so no one cares when they see these tiny tanks. Basically, the people who set up animal cruelty laws didn't even consider fish to be animals. *Sighs* And these people selling small bowls aren't helping, that's for sure. We should find someone so compassionate about this that they take it to court and change the law... I know I would if i wasn't 13... and if I had the money for that sort of thing...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #123 
Slipstitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
The ipond was so cruel that, even though people never do this for fish, it was banned. I hope the person that thought up that idea went broke after that one.

The main problem here is that fish aren't even IN the animal cruelty laws (I think) so no one cares when they see these tiny tanks. Basically, the people who set up animal cruelty laws didn't even consider fish to be animals. *Sighs* And these people selling small bowls aren't helping, that's for sure. We should find someone so compassionate about this that they take it to court and change the law... I know I would if i wasn't 13... and if I had the money for that sort of thing...
If I had the money and the means, I would fight the heck out of it. You would NOT believe what I saw today. I want to shake people.
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #124 
bettamaniac

what did you see today so that I know what to not believe.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #125 
Slipstitch

I went to Petsmart today, I wanted some freeze dried shrimp and such. I decided to look at the Betta cups because I'm rather addicted. ALL of them were in terribly filthy water(made my walmart fish rescue's cup look pristine) that was cloudy as all get out. Almost all of them had fin rot, at least half of them had such a severe fungal infection that they almost looked like little clouds with eyes and fins and were laying on the bottoms of their cups. Many were floating dead in their cups. When I mentioned to the fishboy that the fish were sick and dying, he looked at me like I was insane for caring. I just finished contacting corporate. If I don't personally see a change, I will find a way to fix it. If I have to contact whoever does health inspections on buildings, I will. Having sick and dying fish just sitting on the shelves CAN'T be comfortable with health codes.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #126 
bettamaniac

I actually believe that.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #127 
Slipstitch

I've never seen conditions like that... I keep hoping that humanity isn't a failure... People keep showing me how crappy they can be though.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #128 
bettamaniac

its not that bad at my petsmart
Old 02-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #129 
Slipstitch

*nod* I know a lot of places aren't that bad... But this just blew me away. :(