Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #31 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmagic713 View Post
I mean, everyone runs into trouble at school. I don't really like my "friends" there, for the most part, except the one that I met this year, one who I've been besties with since fifth grade (Our old school didn't have a HS, we're the only ones who went to our current one), and this one boy that I'm friends with. I come home and talk to my real friends that I love being around.

I'm the "weird" one, and proud of it. I love horses, I love animals in general, I'm responsible, I don't drink, I'm a good student, I'm artistic, I'm good at music. I just fail at athletics XD (Except Ultimate Frisbee and riding)

Everyone has issues. The "popular" kids in my class seem to have everything, but I know they don't. Most of them are average grade-wise (Meaning Bs and Cs). Their older siblings hate them because of how they act (They drink a lot and stuff, my brother is the soccer star, he's friends with all their siblings, and he tells me that stuff). They never spend time with their families.

For everything that they THINK is wrong with you, you have something they don't have. Middle/High school are just chapters in your life. You can let them bring you down or you can find all those things that make you different and special and use them to your advantage :)

God only knows what would happen to me if I didn't play the "I'll help you on your homework NOW, but you owe me" card all the time. If it wasn't for the fact that I help everyone who asks I'd be so screwed XD I don't live up to expectations because everyone expected an athletic social butterfly just like my brother is, but I'm the opposite of him.
Helping everyone who asks?

THis sound like many people are fake friending and taking advantage of you. NEVER let people use you just so you can keep "friends." It leads to a sad life. Man up and only play nice guy to the ones that really care.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #32 
bloo97

"When life is like hell, keep on goin'! Don't slow down, whip right through it! You might even get out before the evil knows you're there!"

~ Via a song.

If you think that life isn't working out, look up! Get outside, feel the sun, listen to the birds! Say a prayer! (If you're Christian.)
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #33 
wildmagic713

Oh, I help them. But the deal with them is that they owe me when I want something. It's not a one-way street.

They get help NOW and I get something later :P And I do use it... I don't befriend them, and I usually just give them a nudge in the right direction, like "Try looking here." or "What does ____ mean?" and it lets them solve the rest of it themselves.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

The sad thing is that this stuff doesn't just happen in high school. Adults can be just as bad. I live among senior adults who bully, and shun people because they're not like they are.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #35 
vaygirl

True enough Drama. My Mom lives in a retirement community down in FL and they have cliques there. Pffft. I have my husband, my Mom, my pets, my house and I'm happy.

Some people never lose that high school mentality. My old friends from high school keep trying to drag me into all night drinking parties. They gossip and start drama. I'm just not that girl anymore and they don't understand it. One of them told me "You're just not the same anymore." Yeah. I'm sober. Have you ever been the only sober person at a party? We went to a party they had (hubby and I) and we left there exhausted and bewildered. Everyone was acting like we'd never left our late teens. They were talking about people who had teased us like it was yesterday. It was kinda weird. We're almost 40. Lol.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #36 
Pekemom

Wildmagic, what field would you like to be in when you're older? Sounds like you'd make a great veterinarian...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #37 
wildmagic713

Actually Equine Vet is number one on my list :) Well, after being a musician, but that's less likely to come true :)
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
True enough Drama. My Mom lives in a retirement community down in FL and they have cliques there. Pffft. I have my husband, my Mom, my pets, my house and I'm happy.

Some people never lose that high school mentality. My old friends from high school keep trying to drag me into all night drinking parties. They gossip and start drama. I'm just not that girl anymore and they don't understand it. One of them told me "You're just not the same anymore." Yeah. I'm sober. Have you ever been the only sober person at a party? We went to a party they had (hubby and I) and we left there exhausted and bewildered. Everyone was acting like we'd never left our late teens. They were talking about people who had teased us like it was yesterday. It was kinda weird. We're almost 40. Lol.
We have cliques here, too. Status is a big deal around here. What part of town you grew up in is a big deal to these people. I didn't grow up here, I grew up in Colorado. People in our small town there were/are mostly poor but they're always willing to help you in any way they can and they may not have much but they're willing to share what they do have. Not here! Everyone is out for themselves and couldn't care less about anyone else. I want to go back to Colorado! Waaaahh! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote