Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 
dragonfair

Found a light for my kritter keepers!

Check it out. So cool! All this frustrated searching for lights for my kritter keepers and I stumble across this accidently while racing through a petstore for something else. Ha!

It's an adjustable and submersible L.E.D. light. Why have I never seen this anywhere before?! Comes in different colors but I like white. I've been testing it and it seems to be working perfectly with just the right amount of light. Safe to leave on during the day while I'm away, doesn't heat up. I'm very excited about this!

I'm going to get 2 more for my other kritter keepers. Good times... Can't stop smiling...

Anyone ever had a bad experience with one of these?
Attached Images

dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #2 
tsoto80

How much is it?
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #3 
BlueHaven

I have gotten one of those before, they are great ~
But definitely best with smaller tank...I got one for a 5 gallon and well it didn't like up the whole tank, lol
But it was cool and i'd use one of those for a smaller tank, maybe one of the colorful ones too at night for ghost shrimp.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #4 
LolaQuigs

I might have to get one of those for my Minibow. The light broke ages ago so I've just been going without. Calliope doesn't seem to mind, but it would be nice to have a light.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #5 
bamsuddenimpact

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
I might have to get one of those for my Minibow. The light broke ages ago so I've just been going without. Calliope doesn't seem to mind, but it would be nice to have a light.
I just replaced my minibow light today.. I unscrewed it and brought it to the store to compare. the new bulb was around 2.97 or so.. not bad
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #6 
coolcucumber

They have those at my LFS, They're 17$ or something i think?
coolcucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
I just replaced my minibow light today.. I unscrewed it and brought it to the store to compare. the new bulb was around 2.97 or so.. not bad
I wish it was just the bulb that was the problem. Unfortunately it was the light itself, which apparently is not uncommon for minibows. I have the worst luck with lights....The light in my 10 gallon broke, then the one in my minibow. I ordered a new lid for the 10 gallon, and a week later it broke! It's like I'm cursed!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #8 
dragonfair

I got mine for $16, I think. It was the light and the Plug together.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #9 
LolaQuigs

Thanks for the info, I'll look for it next time I'm at the pet store. Beats buying a whole new minibow.