Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #11 
ChelseaK

WEll you could put an airstone under the nest (or close to the eggs) to keep mold off, take daddy, out, and see if anything starts free swimming. For sure take dad and mom out, they won't do anything but eat the eggs at this point I think.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #12 
drkeni9ma

airstone? Do I also have to connect it to an airpump? or I'm missing what you have just mean?
drkeni9ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #13 
Panthera

This may come off as rude to some, but why in the world are you spawning bettas if you have no idea if the female should be taken out or not? You sound quite young from how you talk, so after this spawn, if any survive, I would suggest doing a lot more researching before breeding again.

Just some advice.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #14 
turtle10

I am going to have to agree with Panthera. As well intentioned as you are, you don't seem like you have done the weeks of necessary research.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #15 
ChelseaK

Yes, you connect an airstone to an air pump.

Let's not jump on this person too.... Everyone has a first spawn.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #16 
turtle10

Lol we weren't trying to jump on anyone, just trying to make sure they have the right info ;)
Old 02-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #17 
Panthera

I haven't even breed bettas yet, but I still attempt to learn everything about spawning them as possible, before doing so. Just because its a first time spawn doesn't mean you should just go in with no idea how to do it, just for the practice.

Your creating lives, that should mean something.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #18 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I haven't even breed bettas yet, but I still attempt to learn everything about spawning them as possible, before doing so. Just because its a first time spawn doesn't mean you should just go in with no idea how to do it, just for the practice.

Your creating lives, that should mean something.
+1

Just because it is your first time doesn't mean shortcuts can be taken, even if you're just breeding for fun and not to show.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #19 
drkeni9ma

Thanks ChelseaK..

for everyone.. I've been doing some research and I know that female betta must be removed after spawn.. but I found my female betta and male betta happy and not fighting each other.. strange isn't it? so I go to work.. but don't worry I will remove her as soon as I got home..

It's an offending advice from Panthera but thanks. I'll research more about breeding betta fish and I'm not like you afraid of something your not good at.
drkeni9ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #20 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkeni9ma View Post
Thanks ChelseaK..

for everyone.. I've been doing some research and I know that female betta must be removed after spawn.. but I found my female betta and male betta happy and not fighting each other.. strange isn't it? so I go to work.. but don't worry I will remove her as soon as I got home..

It's an offending advice from Panthera but thanks. I'll research more about breeding betta fish and I'm not like you afraid of something your not good at.
This was very rude. Panthera is not scared or ever even implied that she/he was. Panthera is choosing not to breed because she doesn't want to right now. Breeding isn't about being good at it, it is about the responsibility of having to care for possibly hundreds of lives.