Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #11 
kathstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverStoneBetta View Post
I have seen a female leap out of the water to land on a homemade hammock so she could get away from the male during my friend's first breeding attempt. I thought she was brilliant.
OMG. That's amazing!
I guess those hammocks come in handy? lol
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #12 
Pekemom

I've got one in Brooke's 5 gal tank and she really loves it. She rests on top of it and also swims underneath, where I have a tall silk plant leaf where she 'hides'. During feeding, I actually feed right over the leaf. That way, she has some extra time to eat before anything falls to the bottom of the tank. There is a wire on the bottom that can rust. I clean it when I clean the tank and it's not been a problem.
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #13 
Sweeda88

I have made several, and my Bettas LOVE them!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #14 
naturegirl243

Mizu has one and he loves it! It took him awhile to figure out how to use it but he is always laying on it I actually bought another one but it didn't ever stick to the tank for some reason.But yeah you have to be carful and watch for rust I usually scrub mine every water change and it's fine.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #15 
JackisLost

i have the hammock and the floating log. at first my betta used the hammock for the first hour until he found the log! he's always around the log like it's his security blanket! it even has a opening on top of the log and i feed him through there every morning.

someone here said they had a blind betta, USE THE LOG! there's an opening on top like i said :)
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #16 
RiverStoneBetta

Looks like I'll have to reevaluate my statement about them being gimmicks. Always something new to learn in this hobby.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote