Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #1 
kawaii blackrose

Exclamation something is wrong with violet

when i first bought her(2weeks ago) she was full of energy always swimming around and now yesterday night she just stay on top of the tank :C and even today she stays up when i push her down i see her struggling to stay down but to no avail she slowly rises back up to the tank what wrong with her? is it the water??

Last edited by kawaii blackrose; 02-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.
kawaii blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Her tank water looks kind of dirty! I'd do a 100% water change and treat the water with conditioner and float her for a while, then put her in and see if she perks up!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #3 
kawaii blackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Her tank water looks kind of dirty! I'd do a 100% water change and treat the water with conditioner and float her for a while, then put her in and see if she perks up!
i see :C! i think it might be the light because i just changed her water yesterday and thats when it started :C i put the tap water conditioner ,aquarium salt, and melafix because she recently got into a fight with another femal betta. and 2 hours later shes on top of the tank :C! will change her water if thats what needs to be done
Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

If this only started after the water change, I'd try again, but this time with less salt and no melafix, because apparantly that stuff is bad for bettas. Just use conditioner and a little salt. This should perk her up! :) Let me know when you are done, maybe post more pics of your setup? :)
Old 02-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #5 
kawaii blackrose

Quote:
If this only started after the water change, I'd try again, but this time with less salt and no melafix, because apparantly that stuff is bad for bettas. Just use conditioner and a little salt. This should perk her up! :) Let me know when you are done, maybe post more pics of your setup? :)
oh my! i didnt know that! then how do i treat her wound? also i just noticed that she has silver horozontal lines along her body that werent there 3 days ago as for the set up is a vase from what i fill its a half gallon.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

Aquarium salt is actually pretty good at helping healing. :) It's quite alright though, I did the same thing but came to regret it later. Horizontal stripes are either stress stripes, meaning she is stressed and something is wrong, or she is ready to breed. Judging from the fact that she isn't acting normally, I'd say they are stress stripes. Don't worry! They will go away once she starts feeling better. I'd do that water change though! :) Let me know how it goes.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #7 
kawaii blackrose

Quote:
Aquarium salt is actually pretty good at helping healing. :) It's quite alright though, I did the same thing but came to regret it later. Horizontal stripes are either stress stripes, meaning she is stressed and something is wrong, or she is ready to breed. Judging from the fact that she isn't acting normally, I'd say they are stress stripes. Don't worry! They will go away once she starts feeling better. I'd do that water change though! :) Let me know how it goes.
i see ok :) also i think that might have worked! she swimming down now! though her tail seems to float up still.. you think a bigger tank will be better?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #8 
kawaii blackrose

heres her tank you think its too small?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

That's good that she is swimming more! :) If she has been swimming and floating upward for a long while, it might take a few hours or so for her to stop floating. If you have a bigger tank, the bigger the better! :) But, I'd make sure she is back to normal before you move her, if you do want to move her. So glad she is doing better. :)
Actually, that is a really cute setup, but that is a ton of gravel! If you take half of that out, it will still look great and there will be more water for swimming room! Or you could just put her in something bigger, your choice! :)
Old 02-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #10 
kawaii blackrose

Quote:
That's good that she is swimming more! :) If she has been swimming and floating upward for a long while, it might take a few hours or so for her to stop floating. If you have a bigger tank, the bigger the better! :) But, I'd make sure she is back to normal before you move her, if you do want to move her. So glad she is doing better. :)
Actually, that is a really cute setup, but that is a ton of gravel! If you take half of that out, it will still look great and there will be more water for swimming room! Or you could just put her in something bigger, your choice! :)

yeah i have an extra vase (wayy bigger) so i might just change her of course when shes better dont want to stress her more as for the gravel i noticed it as well as i was doing the water change haha will remove some the minute she relaxes