Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Tank divider mounts

I found these online, never seen ones like this. Don't know how well they work but at least they're cheap.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategor...-Tank-Dividers
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #2 
turtle10

Oh wow this would be perfect with the plastic mesh canvas.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #3 
vilmarisv

Great option for those who don't want to use aquarium sealant... but I wouldn't like the look of those from the outside of the tank, specially because my divided tank is in the living room.
I use some acrylic molding I found at Home Depot ($2.49 for 8ft), glue it with sealant, slide in the craft mesh and cover the molding with electical tape from the outside... very clean look.
Of course, if I ever wanted to change the setup I would have to remove
EVERYTHING and scrape off the sealant... not happening!!
It would be a great option for plastic tanks!!!! Oh! My mind is rolling now with the posibilities for this... super easy way to divide tubs when you need temporary homes for fish... or to make a temporary divided tank during the colder months!! I don't use heaters when tank temp reaches 80 degrees, my tanks are all at 82 not without heaters! Gotta love South Texas weather, Ugh!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 AM   #4 
c4talys7

I'm currently using those right now and as long as you cut the plastic mesh in a way that it want touch the sides of the tank pass the holders there's no problem. I do that so my fish don't try and get through and end up getting stuck.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #5 
Goomba3

These look good, though I don't like the way the bottom has such a large gap. Then again, who knows, the gap could be only a few centimeters. Wish I could have gotten these instead.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote