Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #31 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Good that you moved the guppy to the 2gal by itself...it will be fine until you can get better housing....guppies are not schooling fish so much as a social species...the most common keeping is in trios...1-male to 2 females....or just all one sex....male guppies can be sexually aggressive and stress one female to death...with 2 females this can give one female a rest on occasion...but those male can be busy little guys...lol....and if the male guppies doesn't have another guppy he will go after just about any species of fish in a sexual nature...lol.....when kept as a lone fish...they won't drop dead or anything but sometimes they will either become lethargic or pace the glass...their sole purpose in life is to pro-create(like all creature)......but they are serious about it....lol......

Lot of different way to keep fish and to care for them...its a matter of opinion often based on personal experiences-You do have general guidelines based on species natural habitat and general needs that can be met in a closed system

Research is important-but here again unless scientific based- you can run into lots of varied opinions from people with varied passion levels in the hobby that will express it strongly...like me....laffs......

Fish keeping is a great hobby to be a part of and you will never know it all...trial and error...learn as you go...move on......share what you have learned...remembering that what works for one may not work for another....being too strict and ridged with some fish keeping issue can sometimes take the fun out.......
This is true . I have a fancy male guppy in my 14. He was purchased so that he can do his thang with the female common guppys. I guess he don't like the common females as he leaves them alone but he has taken high interest with the female platy's
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #32 
Oldfishlady

Laffs...isn't that the truth....I have male guppies that go after my female Bettas...pretty funny to watch the interaction and even when the Betta get after them they go back for more....lol.....and this is with lots of female guppies in the tank with them too......male guppies don't care....lol.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #33 
amandiepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Good that you moved the guppy to the 2gal by itself...it will be fine until you can get better housing....guppies are not schooling fish so much as a social species...the most common keeping is in trios...1-male to 2 females....or just all one sex....male guppies can be sexually aggressive and stress one female to death...with 2 females this can give one female a rest on occasion...but those male can be busy little guys...lol....and if the male guppies doesn't have another guppy he will go after just about any species of fish in a sexual nature...lol.....when kept as a lone fish...they won't drop dead or anything but sometimes they will either become lethargic or pace the glass...their sole purpose in life is to pro-create(like all creature)......but they are serious about it....lol......

Lot of different way to keep fish and to care for them...its a matter of opinion often based on personal experiences-You do have general guidelines based on species natural habitat and general needs that can be met in a closed system

Research is important-but here again unless scientific based- you can run into lots of varied opinions from people with varied passion levels in the hobby that will express it strongly...like me....laffs......

Fish keeping is a great hobby to be a part of and you will never know it all...trial and error...learn as you go...move on......share what you have learned...remembering that what works for one may not work for another....being too strict and ridged with some fish keeping issue can sometimes take the fun out.......

OFL I could NOT have said it better myself! (as usual lol) i really am enjoying learning about all of this and i take such pride in my fish and i do everything above and beyond to help them live an amazing healthy and fun life. my fish are happy healthy and love giving me little bubble nests that make me so happy lol. my guppy wont STOP swimming! he seems very happy. ty so much for all your advice! <3
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote