Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

Pity Purchase

Recently while looking at my LFS for a new betta, I decided to look at the shelf where they put HMs with damaged fins. I purchased what I thought was a nice blue HM male with very bad finrot. Unfortunately for me, once he'd coloured up, he turned out to be some kind of multi-colour/blue with red wash...which I absolutely hate. I always seem to end up buying colours I don't like. There's never any nice blue marbles or whites around here.

(Water is cloudy because I just did a water change. He was stripey because of the flash)

Looking at his caudal fin makes me wince. Does anyone know how long it will take to regrow on a high protein diet of frozen and live food? Will it ever grow back? I know it'll probably be deformed if it does, but I'm not too fussed. Right now it just seems to be slightly hampering his mobility.

Sorry for the crappy photos. Mum said she'd lend me her good camera sometime in the near future. Mine is just some crummy point-and-shoot.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #2 
Abby

I think hes pretty :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

So does my mum We have the complete opposite taste in colours and tail types. I like blue marble plakats, while she likes multi-coloured HMs. When we were at the LFS we had this big fight over what betta I was buying.

This weekend,I'm picking up a beautiful (well he was when he first landed there) silver HM from the same shelf as this guy. He's been there for like two months now and was lying on his side last time we were there. I just need to figure out how to set him up without blowing the power. All my heaters and their earth leakage keep tripping the switch.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #4 
Abby

oh my! thats not good good luck
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #5 
denaliwind

I think he's got beautiful color!
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

I agree, I think he's so cute and pretty! His fins should definitely heal as long as you keep the water clean and keep feeding him that nice food. My HM betta tore his fins extremely badly 1 month ago, and his fins have already grown back about 1/4", with only 1" to go! He's doing very well. Your lil new guy will be fine. :)
Don't hate the blending colors! I think it looks like a painting when they have the multi color streaks. I think it's more magenta than red, and to me, blue/magenta is a really pretty blend! I think he's too cute. ;)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #7 
RiverStoneBetta

I think that's one of the few red-wash bettas I actually like. Most of the ones I see just looks like someone tried to finger paint the poor things.

And I'm at the same problem with electricty. My room has to be on it's own circuit breaker because of the sheer amount of electricty that pumps through me room. I guess as a computer geek, video gamer, and fish addict, that kinda comes with the business though.

Beautiful fish. Although I prefer non-red crowntails. =P
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #8 
bettafish15

I'm not a fan of the redwash either, but I'm glad your taking care of him :D His fins'll grow back nice, I think :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote