Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #11 
Capricorn

Yes, halfmoon! Which means you also got a deal on him if he had been marked as a delta, they usually charge more for HMs. xD
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #12 
TheLillin

Yep! I got him for about 7 dollars and the halfmoons were about 16! I was shocked at the difference and was NOT going above 8 dollars for a fish that might not live more than a few days.
I have been a very bad caretaker for fish before, and it wasn't even my fault! When I was like 8 years old my parents let me get 2 bettas, so long as I got the divided tank that was basically 2 pint sized areas. They actually lived 6 months with just me feeding them and I don't even remember changing the water often!

My latest experience with fish was an accident. Apparently my prom's theme was Underwater Romance, but the only thing "underwater" about it was centerpieces with goldfish and flowers floating in the water. Very pretty, but I could only keep them alive 2 weeks. I think I killed them by changing the water too much. So I am cautiously optimistic about this one! But this is why I have not named him yet...

Last edited by TheLillin; 03-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.
TheLillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #13 
Capricorn

Nah, the goldfish thing wouldn't have been your fault... they're very messy and require a large space and excessive filtration (I keep them myself xD). They were probably already stressed being in a vase or bowl.

I think now that you've found a place with reliable info you'll be just fine. (: I always wait to name my fish, too.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #14 
fleetfish

He's gorgeous! Welcome to the wonderful, colourful world of bettas :)
As long as you keep waterchanges up to schedule and feed him good, high protein foods he will last for a long time. Oh, and stick around here, we love to help new fish owners.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #15 
JaspersANGEL

Colorful yes! Betta's are beautiful and ur boy is the perfect example of this, I'm so jealous!

Betta's are pretty resilient for fish so u should have no problem with him, unless u completely ignore him for month's on end.

And welcome to the addiction..bet'ya can't have just one!...
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #16 
TheLillin

I'm actually already thinking about getting another when I acquire a 10 gallon... Either that or find some fish "friends" for him and plant the tank. I'm not sure yet. Ha. I will likely need a lot of advice on that when the time comes. Oh, and he is starting a bubble nest.. :D
TheLillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, that tank will make him so happy! And yay, hes' a beautiful happy fish. Bubble nests = :D to the fish. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new forum betta