Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #11 
LittleNibbles93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i'm waiting for the day mom plants her new Cherry Tree. >.> she wants to plant it in the "fishie graveyard". ._____o i'm gonna be sitting on the porch, watching, waiting for her reaction when she uncovers four baggied bettas. >.>;
That would be funny to watch! :D XD
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #12 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
accidental grave digging. i didn't know she wanted to bury her tree there. xD so, i've been using it as a betta graveyard for the past year. :d
Ah, so she didn't know... |D That'll be interesting to watch if and when she finds fish in the ground....
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #13 
Luimeril

nah, i've told her that's where the fish are buried. xD i just don't know what she's expecting. probably not sandwich baggies with dead bettas in them. >.>;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #14 
Alex09

Why do you bag them? Just let them contribute to the fertility of the soil and help in the cycle of life. We can all be useful... even after death.

I remember burying my old parakeet (budgie) in a tin box in my backyard under a tree several years back. Probably still there. I sometimes have a morbid urge to uncover it and open it up...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #15 
PhilipPhish

My mum thinks my betta love is weir too. I'm planning on getting 2 more bettas this summer.

I have had 2 oscars in my life time and they are really cool.
I had a big momma lookin one and a medium size one. the big momma died at age 10 years. the medium one is going no 10 years now, maybe 12.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #16 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Why do you bag them? Just let them contribute to the fertility of the soil and help in the cycle of life. We can all be useful... even after death.

I remember burying my old parakeet (budgie) in a tin box in my backyard under a tree several years back. Probably still there. I sometimes have a morbid urge to uncover it and open it up...
because, as much as i love them, i don't want to touch them. >.> maybe, if mom digs them up, i'll just unbag them and bury them by the Cherry tree. they can be my little Samurai buried under the Sakura tree. <3
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #17 
wildmagic713

My dad likes fish. He says our guppies annoy him, but he likes them.

He thinks Bettas are really cool and fully supports me in my hobby- he actually paid for half my tank and stuff that I got in the beginning (So he payed about $45). He talked my mom into letting me get two Bettas over spring break (My first one died about two weeks ago).

My mom doesn't like that I spend money on them, but other than that she doesn't really care.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #18 
TwilightNite

I have no clue what my parents think, all I
know is that they don't want me to get another
one and I only have one! I seriously don't think it would hurt
to get another one,really!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #19 
briser

At first my mom was kinda like "Ugh another fish??" because I use to have them a lot as a kid, but because I didn't know how to take care of them properly they always died so she saw it as a hassle, but when she saw me taking so much time to take care of my red male she eased off, and when I brought home my female she was kinda like "another one, really?" then when I bought the 3gal tank home she was excited and helped set it up. :) She now comes in my room all the time to look at my fish and "play" with them haha. I bought another guy home last night and she was like "You got another fish didn't you?" and she wanted to see him and seemed pretty content about it. As long as I take care of them she doesn't really care. Dad just thinks they're dumb though and doesn't bother with them.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #20 
Luimeril

my mom used to sigh when i'd want to buy another betta. then, one day, she asked me to help her get herself one for the kitchen. xD i helped her pick out an energetic red CT who we've been calling Counter Buddy, and she likes to clean his bowl and change out the plant in it. i've suggested she get him a bigger tank, since he's in a one gallon bowl, and she seemed to really think about it. here's to hoping Counter Buddy gets upgraded soon. she really seems to love that little guy.