Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #11 
JKfish

He's pretty, but where are you keeping him?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #12 
Johnificent

in a split 2.5 gallon :O i know....... its not wat ppl recommend. but my dad kept listening to the lady over there! she was like, can i help you? i asked her for the tank, and she said, oh! you can put two bettas in there. then my dad said, pick one, and i fell in love with this one, and he would have forced me to anyways. and i wanted to get a heater, and the lady said, bettas dont need heaters. then i got pissed at her cause she doesnt know anything! so my dad as always believes her and he said she is a "professional"........... so...... there you go, my story of my day yesterday at petco... LOL
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #13 
JKfish

... No offense meant at all, but this isn't good. Get a heater, if you need to, make you dad drive you back to get one today, and return the boy. With two bettas in a 2.5 gallon tank, I'd be doing something like three 50% water changes and two 100% water changes a week at the least. Or, find good homes for all your goldfish that will properly care for them, and give one of your boys the goldfishes' tank. Be assertive. I'm assuming you are using your money, so you have a right to buy what is necessary to help your fish thrive... Not just survive.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #14 
Johnificent

i understand... but it took the most convincing i ever had to get to go to petco yesterday :O he's goin to be pissed if i tell him i want to go to petco again, after the incident with that lady over there............
Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #15 
denaliwind

*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
... No offense meant at all, but this isn't good. Get a heater, if you need to, make you dad drive you back to get one today, and return the boy. With two bettas in a 2.5 gallon tank, I'd be doing something like three 50% water changes and two 100% water changes a week at the least. Or, find good homes for all your goldfish that will properly care for them, and give one of your boys the goldfishes' tank. Be assertive. I'm assuming you are using your money, so you have a right to buy what is necessary to help your fish thrive... Not just survive.
agreed :)
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #16 
Johnificent

:(
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #17 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
:(
It's okay. Just be assertive, show your dad this forum if needed to support what you know!
You're the one who's done your research and talked with people who raise bettas, not that woman at the fish store. And these are your pets, your the one who is taking care of them, not your dad or the pet store woman. You have a right to choose what is best for the fishies.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #18 
Goomba3

He's very pretty! Good luck with everything.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #19 
BlackberryBetta

Sorry in advance, but are you kidding with the goldfish? They need at LEAST 20gallons! People will say that they only get as big as their tank, but what really happens that that their organs grow but their outside doesn't. I don't think I need to explain the rest....
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #20 
B3TTA LUVA

I would name him... ^_^ Octavious!! Well I think thats how it is spelled!!
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote