Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #1 
gabetta

my frist 2 vt in a long time

well i hit the lps last night and i got lucky. was looking for hm but couldn't find any. i got these 2 VT. the white or cream yellow started flaring and dancing. saying look take me home. so i did. and the same with the dark red VT. i have never seen one this dark before. these 2 were the most active out of all the fish i seen. i still have to get tank 2 ready for the red vt. i do have 1 ? their is a little spot on the cream one. it looks like all most a small cut but the fish seems to be doing fine. now the ? is what to name them. i like greek and roman mythology. and been thinking about the red ones name ares or mars. but am at a lost for the white one or cream one.and one more ? when should i began feeding them thanks rob.

gabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

That "tank" is WAY too small. You really need at least 1 gallon per fish. Some say 2.5 gallons, but I think 1 gallon is fine as long as you change the water every other day. You also will need a heater for each fish, set to 78*.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #3 
gabetta

yeah that was just one i had before, when i get a few more paychecks i will be getting some 1 gallon tanks. i do have this one for the red vt
gabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #4 
Emmalea

The tank for the red VT is alright, it's a little on the small side but it should be ok until you can upgrade to something bigger.
If it was me I wouldn't bother buying 1 gallons, I would get something at least 2 gallons. The fish will do much better in larger tanks and it's less work for you.

If money is an issue you can always use plastic storage bins as tanks, you can get one in a really good size for less then ten dollars.

You also need to buy them heaters right away.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 
Alexanderismylife

Beautiful new fish! :) They both look gorgous! Ditto the above!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #6 
Canuck Fins

As for feeding, you don't need to feed for the first 24 hours. Your fish might not eat the first time you need them anyway. Just make sure you clear away the uneaten food afterwards. :)

The fish are great. If Mars is red, you could name the cream one after Helios (titan of the sun), Eos (titan of dawn) or Selene (titan of the moon).
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote