Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #1 
baylee767

Unhappy Where can I find quality Veiltails?

Copper, dragon, white, etc. veiltails. I see them ALL the time on youtube, but never on aquabid Does anyone know where to find them? See, my goal is to help purify the VT's...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Copper, dragon, white, etc. veiltails. I see them ALL the time on youtube, but never on aquabid Does anyone know where to find them? See, my goal is to help purify the VT's...
Petco. I say Petco because at least the one near me have a lot of veilteils sometimes mismarked. I saw a crowntail female who kept giving me: "The look." All Betta's seem to be able to do and she was marked as veilteil. A Halfmoon was marked Delta. VT's are cool betta's and actually because of my HM our second red fish is going to be a VT.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #3 
Dragonlady

I like the bettasforall standard for veiltails... if you like that tail type. Although halfmoons are my current fave, someone needs to continue improving veiltails. I have this gnawing feeling that they will return eventually. Good luck!
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Occasionally there are people selling VT on Aquabid.

I know a breeder who breeds VT to sell to a local fish store (a VERY good fish store). I have two of her girls and they're gorgeous but they're just multicolor marble geno VT.. nothing like what your describing.

My suggestion would be to get a nice looking VT (I would go by the bettas4all standard as well) and then cross into PK or HM to get the color you want... this will require a LOT of work.. culling and etc to get the right fin type and color but if you work at it you should get something nice.

Eventually I'd like to work with VT. But not until I find a reliable source to place the fry (good pet store or the like). Not to mention I'd need a barracks system because it's hard to judge the quality of VT until they're mature.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #5 
baylee767

Hmmmthe Bettas4all standard the tail shape kind of freaks me out LOL. Neon's looks similar to a Delta yet is obviously not, the pointy tail is kind of scary. But hey, it's a standard we have to work onm, and that seems like a pretty good one ^.^

Yeah, I'll probably cross in other tails, but I'd have to make sure they stay veil... maybe by mainly using deltas and crossing in other veils to keep it veil until I get what I want (=

I want to preserve the few good-bred veiltails before they die out completely )=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #6 
Luimeril

>3> my local pet store.

LOL i'm half-kidding. they have BEAUTIFUL bettas there. not the funky ones many see in pet stores. the bettas never have major health issues, no tumors, no shovel head. just.... beautiful boys and girls. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #7 
misamiania

I prefer veilteils myself. I just can't find myself wanting crowntails or delta's. The only exception would be if it was a marble I would snatch it up in a heart beat because I want a marble soooo bad haha.

My LFS and the only chain we have actually have decent stock. They usually only sell VT. I've been super lucky every time I go I always find something I want to take home. I've seen an increase in Butterfly VT in my area recently.
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #8 
Luimeril

i've not seen many stunning VTs at my lps. just really nice ones. "Cup-colored" is common(ie, the green/blue/black/red VTs, multis). as are reds and blues. Gackt and Hyde were the stunning boys, but..... Gackt is gone, and Hyde is on his way out, due to a huge, lethal mistake i made.... D:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #9 
misamiania

I have a orange dalmation VT, and a pastel butterfly VT (I think he's pastel anyways). I've seen a few tri-colors, and I think a cambodian? or however that's spelled. I almost got that but Agapito.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=64463
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #10 
bettamaniac

you will probably have to buy them direct from a breeder in thailand. there is a breeder in thailand who has his own website who sells quality veiltails. like mustard gas veiltails with completely blue bodies and completely yellowish-greenish fins
edit: his website is sirinutbetta.com
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote