Betta Fish Forum banner

Does anyone know what this is?

900 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Thunderloon 
#1 · (Edited)
My orange dal has a black spot on her right side near the ventral fin... I am wondering if it is something to worry about. She is acting normally, but I just noticed it there yesterday.

#2 ·
Looks like part of the coloration. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: PeggyJ
#5 · (Edited)
She was very shy at first and skittish around the other females because she was small. She was also completely white and I didnt know she was a dalmation. I put her in the 55 gal tank without any other Bettas and she just thrived in there. She learned to get in there with the rosey barbs and snatch her food.. she became less shy and alot stronger and bigger because there is a bit of a current in there and she was swimming around a lot more.Her color came out and she looks so different than when I bought her. Just goes to show you..even if a betta isn't particularly colorful.. you never know how they will turn out.

I took her out of the big tank recently just to give her a break frm the other fish and so that I could put one of the fry in there hoping it will grow bigger too.

#10 ·
when i picked my new 9 fish from down the coast, i picked a little boring white girl out of pitty and shes turned into a beautiful yellow HMish her nae is Rayne. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.