Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #21 
MrVampire181

I love love love love love love love love love love love love IAL.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #22 
ecoprincess

lol tell us how you really feel about IAL! :) lol i love them too!!
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #23 
wallywestisthebest333

What OFL said! =] If you live near a nature reserve/national park/nature trail and you go into it far enough away from the roads then oak leaves should be ok to scavenge. =] I did that last summer after some storms and although the tea I made wasn't very dark (I got my leaves in summer... not a lot of tannins built up at that point) It still helped my boys when I had enough to make some tea. =]

I highly suggest scavenging! =] It helps you to get out in nature too! But remember, try to find areas where you know you're not going to have a lot of air pollution, water pollution, and ground pollution, pesticides, and fertilizers. Also early fall (while it's still dry) is the best time to scavenge for them on the east coast. =]

Oh! Don't be alarmed if your oak leaf extract/tea smells exactly like sweet iced tea. It just does. =]

IAL is awesome don't get me wrong,(I'm getting my sis to order me some) it's wonderful to have during the winter when you run out of oak leaves (If you're like me and didn't scavenge enough); but they cost money and why pay for something when you can get it for free ya know? ;]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote