Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #21 
RiverStoneBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
EDIT: 1f2f, that is a big concern of mine about buying/adopting live fish online through a forum. I am adopting one in a few days from someone here and I am nervous about it for that very reason...
Don't worry. She isn't going to scam you. I got another one of her fish, and he's doing fine. I'm treating for a small case of fin rot, but the fish is in good condition, regardless. Of course, I picked mine up, so...
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
There are cammers in everything unfortunately. I don't think any of you were here when a certain member I won't name decided to sell some of her fish then suddenly disappeared, taking member's money and never sending the fish. Sad thing is I recently found a forum that she seems to belong to. No doubt back up to her old tricks of hoarding and stealing fish.
Ours isn't the only forum she's done this to. After doing some digging around it was found that she did the same thing on several forums. Fishlore, Fishforums and UB banned her also.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #23 
Goomba3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverStoneBetta View Post
Don't worry. She isn't going to scam you. I got another one of her fish, and he's doing fine. I'm treating for a small case of fin rot, but the fish is in good condition, regardless. Of course, I picked mine up, so...
I'm just not a very trusting person as it is, so I'm always paranoid about everything, haha. I know it will work out, Loki was shipped today!

As per the OT: I really hate scammers, and even though I know nothing about the price of shipping or show fish etc, I can tell that's a ripoff, haha.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

I only order stuff from trusted sites on the internet.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #25 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Ours isn't the only forum she's done this to. After doing some digging around it was found that she did the same thing on several forums. Fishlore, Fishforums and UB banned her also.
Fishlore was because she forgot her original log in and made a new account. I trust her. She has been nothing but nice to me.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #26 
1fish2fish

All I know is she had WEEKS to get in touch with me both on here and facebook to explain herself prior to her getting banned. I tried numerous times to get in touch with her.. as did kuklachica.

I don't wish her any ill will but I refuse to work with her based on how things went down and information I've been told by a reliable source. It wasn't my intention to start an argument over her but simply to make the point that unfortunately there are untruthful and unreliable people in what ever you do. That is why online reviews and word of mouth are so important.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Agreed.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #28 
Goomba3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I only order stuff from trusted sites on the internet.
That is true, and I usually only do that. But she's not requiring me to pay until after I get the fish and he arrives safely. That's why I trust her. She must be trusting of others, though! (I obviously will pay, but she's taking a big leap, haha.)
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #29 
baylee767

Who are you getting your fish from goomba?

Also, scammers are just terrible people willing to possibly ruin someones life(with the right conditions) over money. They should all be locked up )=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #30 
MrVampire181

1fish2fish...agreed. There are some people that are trusted in the hobby that I would not use based on info from a reliable source.

Scammers are the worst. Now Justin and Ian are telling me to take back what I'm saying.....
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote