Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Putting the food in at the same time and place is a good idea. The frogs soon learn where to find their food.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #12 
Lunatatice

Ive had a lot of experience with ADFs, and I own one frog right now in my 45g community tank. Its as happy and healthy as the group of three frogs I used to own. I think if you dont overfeed and keep up on the water changes it will live fine with your betta. Give it at least one spot just to hide in though. Ive learned an excellent way of feeding it since yes, they are blind. I fill up a plastic cup with aquarium water, put in a cube of frozen bloodworms, let them thaw and use a turkey baster to squirt out some in front of my frog!! It loves the bloodworms its the longest-living ADF ive ever had! If you want to wait until the 10g is set up though thats fine too, but keep my feeding method in mind. I feed my frog plenty of bloodworms every other day.
Lunatatice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #13 
nunuchan

I had introduced my ADF to my tank with my one betta a few months ago. Being nervous, I kept the heater off at night while my roommate and I slept in our warm room. The night I finally sucked it up and turned it on, he got too hot, jumped out, hopped allllll the way over the the shower (a good twenty feet away, under a door and around countless dorm room obstacles), and dried up on the linoleum.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't let this happen. Be more careful than I was.
nunuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #14 
Malvolti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunuchan View Post
I had introduced my ADF to my tank with my one betta a few months ago. Being nervous, I kept the heater off at night while my roommate and I slept in our warm room. The night I finally sucked it up and turned it on, he got too hot, jumped out, hopped allllll the way over the the shower (a good twenty feet away, under a door and around countless dorm room obstacles), and dried up on the linoleum.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't let this happen. Be more careful than I was.
How hot is your heater? ADFs need temperatures 76-80 like Bettas. They are known to be jumpers (they are frogs after all). Maybe it wasn't the temp and he just wanted to go for a walk? They need hooded tanks.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, poor froggie!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote