Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #11 
Bettaluver4evr

Well... you cooooould feed him all da time, but then he'd die of overeating... your choice! ;) But I've heard loads of people stopped tail biting by rearranging the tank every day, buying the betta new decor and then switching things, or letting the betta be in an area where there is always something to watch, always something moving... I sure hope it works, your bettas are gorgeous but especially him! ;)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #12 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Well... you cooooould feed him all da time, but then he'd die of overeating... your choice! ;) But I've heard loads of people stopped tail biting by rearranging the tank every day, buying the betta new decor and then switching things, or letting the betta be in an area where there is always something to watch, always something moving... I sure hope it works, your bettas are gorgeous but especially him! ;)
I only have so much to give him and I can't really go out and buy him a ton of things. He did have his mirror and I took that out cause I thought that was the issue of him flaring and fighting with it all day :/
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

Hmmm... well, honestly you don't have to buy anything, just rearrange every morning. :) Like... say your morning schedule is wake up, make coffee, get ready for work... before you make your coffee, just reach in the tank and move a plant or two around to a different place or take a plant out and switch with a different plant from another tank or storage... However you want to do it! And I obviously know nothing about your mornings, lol.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #14 
demonr6

Polo began tailbiting when I moved him into QT for his dorsal he ripped to pieces. His tail is now 100x worse than the dorsal is that I am trying to mend. Go figure? He sulks in his little critter keeper all day long. I thought of leaving the tv on with Matlock reruns to keep him entertained.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #15 
Arashi Takamine

I thought for a second that Kalona had begun tail biting overnight but it turns out he was trying to get his tail folded. I'm sorry about your HM tailbiting. Maybe buy him a new plant like Java Moss and let it float to distract him? Or maybe add a new silk plant or little cave? Like they said moving things around might help. Or try a new brand of food.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #16 
danifacetastic

I hate tailbiting :( One of my veil tails keeps doing it.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote