Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #1 
Emmalea

Gahh, I'm so angry and upset/hurt.

So I kinda think there are two kinds of w!tches. The first kind are the ones who are upfront about being a w!tch and let everyone know, I have no problem with these, In fact I kinda am one.
But then there are the sneaky witches who will pretend to be your friend and then totally stab you in the back, tell nasty lies about you, and try to turn everyone against each other.

So there is this girl who I work with lets call her N, who up until a few days ago I considered to be a good friend of mine.

I don't really know were to start so please excuse how jumbled up this will be.

So it turns out she has been spreading really nasty lies about me, not only are they totally untrue they are also really damaging to my reputation.
A few days ago she came to me and told me that two people who I work with, lets call them J and D had been gossiping about me.
Now I totally don't care what J or D think or say about me because they are both total cows and don't even know me so I really couldn't care less what they say.
But I kind of had a feeling that I wasn't getting the whole story so I asked one of my really good friends who I 100% trust, turns out N has not only been talking about me, she was the one who started the whole thing.

I also turns out that she has been repeating things I have said as well and making up things to try and turn my friends against me.

The worst part is people warned me about her and told me not to trust her and I didn't listen to them, In some cases I even defended her. I have been nothing but a good friend to her and ways always there for her when she was going through some really hard stuff.

Now I feel totally stupid and used, because I can think of other times she has probably done this to me as well and I can't believe I was to dumb to see it before. But I really wanted people to be wrong about her.

Like two days ago she also basically told me I suck at my job, she thinks this is the reason I'm mad and doesn't know that I know about everything else.

It sucks because I have to work with her, because I would really like to tell her to shove it.
I don't know if i should confront her because she is a supervisor and could make work really hard for me, on the other hand it might be better then just letting it fester.

At least now I know why people have been acting strange around me.

I have no idea how to deal with this.

End rant.

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 03-09-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: language
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #2 
BlueHaven

I've never been in that kind of situation, but I hope things work out okay for you.
I'd probably confront them about it, but laughing it off and proving them wrong by still being yourself may make the girl end up letting it go.
If she doesn't get anything out of you from her being rude, she will most likely stop.
:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a neighbor like that. She got mad at me and I decided to call it quits with her. If I see her I speak but I never tell her anything personal. It's just stuff like, nice day today, isn't it". She spread rumors last year after my mom had back surgery that my mom had a stroke and a heart attack. It's probably even harder for you since you work with this person.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #4 
Emmalea

Thanks guys!
Yeah, it really stinks that I have to work with her, because normally I would just axe her from my life.
I really hate the thought of having to work with her everyday because I am just repulsed by her right now.
I know I need to just brush it off, but I'm going to have a really hard time not spazzing at her.
I really dislike having to be mature, I wish I could just be 16 again and have a total hissy fit. lol.
She is lucky that I'm a much better person then she is, because I have lots of dirt on her.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Emmalea,

This girl is obviously mentally challanged/unbalanced, and in all likelyhood, jealous or afraid of you. This might not make sense from a normal person's point of view, but remember, she's not normal.

Document her behavior. There may be a time when you'll have to fight to keep your job; you'll want to have documentation to present to the managers.

At work, ignore her behavior. Do the best job you can do. Kill her with kindness and gentle humor - but do not trust her. Do not get pulled into her 'games' and don't provoke her. Protect yourself.

Start looking for another job - I'm not saying leave, but to keep 'all your irons in the fire'.

Good luck, dear...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #6 
gahcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
Emmalea,

This girl is obviously mentally challanged/unbalanced, and in all likelyhood, jealous or afraid of you. This might not make sense from a normal person's point of view, but remember, she's not normal.

Document her behavior. There may be a time when you'll have to fight to keep your job; you'll want to have documentation to present to the managers.

At work, ignore her behavior. Do the best job you can do. Kill her with kindness and gentle humor - but do not trust her. Do not get pulled into her 'games' and don't provoke her. Protect yourself.

Start looking for another job - I'm not saying leave, but to keep 'all your irons in the fire'.

Good luck, dear...
Lots to agree with here,
There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #7 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
Emmalea,

Good luck, dear...
Thank you, this is totally great advice!

I honesty feel a little sorry for her, she doesn't really have any friends and a lot of people don't like her. But she totally brings in on herself.

As for leaving I don't plan on working there for that much longer as I'm going to be moving and it will be too long of a drive for the pay.
But I want to leave on good terms so I can use it as a reference.

I will start keeping records of what she is doing and who witnessed it.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #8 
BlueHaven

NOBODY is normal.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #9 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

BlueHaven,

Yes, I agree... each person is an island of insanity... nevertheless, in the range of possible civilized behaviors considered "normal" and non-threatening, this co-worker doesn't register.

People who abuse others are in no way "normal", and their behavior is in no way acceptable.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #10 
Goomba3

It's very sad to say, but a lot of people are like N. They'll be super nice to your face, and if you have something to provide, they'll take advantage of it. But behind your back they're the nastiest people on earth. I go through this a lot, simply because I am a very nice person and a sweetheart by nature. I let people walk all over me and then get upset when they don't do anything in return. It's my own fault, of course.

Usually I find it's best to just act happy and cheery around her, like nothing is going on. There's a song lyric that says "I find it kind of funny that you waste your breath talking about me", and I think this is a situation that you should take those lyrics to heart. I know I do. Just laugh it off. Yeah, it hurts, but think of it this way: SHE is probably miserable and friendless, and YOU are an amazing, smart, funny girl. Don't let it bother you.

Best of luck!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote