Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #31 
MrVampire181

Don't worry about Dan's sons. My purple HM male who I swore was female now has 2 month old juvies who are flaring and I'm already sexing them...in fact they've grown insanely fast.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #32 
NIB BETTA

Great news and great fish. One day I hope to own a pair from Karen.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #33 
1fish2fish

I'm not too worried... I was just curious if that sort of thing was genetic. I'm actually wondering if I bred a female from the spawn back to Dan if I would get short fins. I love Dan's look.. like a miniature halfmoon. All the HMPK I've seen have that "PK" look.. I just love how Dan has HM fins.. just a little bit shorter

It would be cool to get a fry with Dan's coloring except a more defined pattern on his/her fins (kind of like the dark edge he had when I bought him). He still has the pattern but it sort of fades together.

I'm just excited period... I don't care what colors come out really.. that was the best part of my last spawn.. everyone was so different!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

You got a pretty good mix with that last spawn. Pretty yellows, a couple of MG's and some blues.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #35 
1fish2fish

They're here!!!!! I picked them up around 4pm after a big fiasco at the post office... they were sent out instead of held for pick up for some reason. But everything worked out fine in the end.

The girls are amazing. They're starting to color up now and WOW. One of the girls is actually starting to turn more multi than MG and she is absolutely amazing. The other is a soft seafoam green MG color right now.

I also got a surprise.. a LOVELY young MG butterfly male. He's so handsome :) I may spawn him as well (seeing as I have two girlys). Karen has an amazing knack of picking out the perfect fish for me, he's just gorgeous IMO.

They're acclimating right now. I had to go to class right after picking them up so I floated them for 2 hours and now I'm slowly adding water to their tanks. Temporarily they're in 1/2 gallon critter keepers so I can get some pictures before they go in their jars (which are impossible to get pics with).

This spawn (or spawns ;)) are going to be outstanding. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was envisioning the kinds of babies I could get from these kids. I couldn't be more excited
Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #36 
beat2020

Oh I can't wait to see the butterfly MG male...After you spawn him, you can send him over to me...I've been wanting a BF MG male for a LONG time now. ;P

But anyways yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics! :)
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

They sound awesome, Jackie!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #38 
1fish2fish

Pics here
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....952#post614952

They're amazing (as expected LOL).. I should be setting up the spawn tub tomorrow and introducing them either Saturday night or Sunday night.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #39 
Martinismommy

Your multi female is amazing! When I was bagging her I thought, why did I sell her lol...

Enjoy the new kids...It makes me smile when people are so pleased with their puchase...
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #40 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinismommy View Post
Your multi female is amazing! When I was bagging her I thought, why did I sell her lol...
Because you're awesome??
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote