Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #11 
carzz

If he is happy, why change it? If you are doing water changes so frequently, I do not see a problem what so ever. If your worried he won't have enough swimming room, and think he needs to 'stretch his fins', just put him in the larger tank once a week. Maybe he will warm up to it. But this will give him the chance to swim around for a bit, ya know, 'getting out of the house'. And then put him back in the smaller. Maybe soon he will love the big one!! :D
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #12 
carzz

oh and as for the ten gallon, try walmart, petco, and petsmart. I got mine from petco and it cost me 12$. It's the same price at the other two here...
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #13 
peachesxo

i wouldn't recommend putting him in a new tank every week.. that would just confuse/stress him out more than help in the situation i think

& in regards to size, neither of my boys seem to have any problems with their 10 gals
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #14 
rue721

Henry's my first and only betta, but I know each of my cats has had a differently sized territory. I guess some animals/fish like patrolling a larger space, and some prefer tighter borders?

My most aggressive cat also has the smallest territory--basically just our yard. Maybe it's because she's so aggressive that she likes to run a tighter ship? lol. On the other hand, my betta isn't very aggressive (doesn't like to flare. Does build bubble nests, though. I guess he's a lover, not a fighter? :P), but he definitely uses all of his three gallons. Has from the very first day. He's not feeling so well now and he's still wandering all over the place.

I wonder how much aggression has to do with territory size? Maybe the more naturally aggressive the animal/fish the smaller they like their territory, because they like to keep a tighter watch?
rue721 is offline   Reply With Quote