Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #51 
bettalover2033

Well guys come one now. Okay the OP is going to be leaving for about 2-3 days they said, so the fry should do okay considering they yolk sacs dont run out until that time. So they should be fine, so i would just suggest leaving this thread alone. Im sure that everyone has had a turn at poking "the new kid in school."
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #52 
turtle10

OOHHH for some reason I thought they were leaving for like a week. My bad
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #53 
bettalover2033

@TheStompa: How are you fry doing?(If you havent already left.)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #54 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, males can and do eat the eggs.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #55 
1fish2fish

I haven't been back to this thread since I've been so busy but I'm shocked how it turn out.

To use the pc version... Crap happens. Did y'all ever stop to think that an unexpected trip could mean the death of a family member or that someone is in the hospital? I can't believe everyone is getting so down about that.

And yes some of the ops questions are basic but he or she has been doing basic research in the least.

Anyways my suggestion is put some vinegar eels in the tank and leave them be. I've left my fry PLENTY of times to take a quick trip home and no one has ever flamed me... It seems that after recent threads some members are getting too "attack the new guy" happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #56 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I haven't been back to this thread since I've been so busy but I'm shocked how it turn out.

To use the pc version... Crap happens. Did y'all ever stop to think that an unexpected trip could mean the death of a family member or that someone is in the hospital? I can't believe everyone is getting so down about that.

And yes some of the ops questions are basic but he or she has been doing basic research in the least.

Anyways my suggestion is put some vinegar eels in the tank and leave them be. I've left my fry PLENTY of times to take a quick trip home and no one has ever flamed me... It seems that after recent threads some members are getting too "attack the new guy" happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
I completely agree with this. Also I have noticed that its our newer members that are a little impatient.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #57 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Well said 1f2f and bl2033. We have to consider all possibilities and not jump into negative conclusions.

Just so everyone knows; the OP lives in the tropics thus doesn't need some of the equipment most of you use. He did months of research before even thinking about breeding. Unfortunately he has a language barrier. Further his local LFS doesn't supply many things suggested by everyone - like fry food, plants, etc. He's been trying to get some but got no response from any local hobbyists and can't afford to ship them in.

And I wouldn't say that this kid is impatient. We (the OP and I) have discussed for weeks, natural alternatives to make breeding possible for him (getting live foods and plants from nature).

He is trying his best out of very limited resources. So please, lets help him (and every new member) with what ever info he needs.

Note: I'm relieved that everyone realizes his/her harshness (after bl2033's posts).
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #58 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Well said 1f2f and bl2033. We have to consider all possibilities and not jump into negative conclusions.

Just so everyone knows; the OP lives in the tropics thus doesn't need some of the equipment most of you use. He did months of research before even thinking about breeding. Unfortunately he has a language barrier. Further his local LFS doesn't supply many things suggested by everyone - like fry food, plants, etc. He's been trying to get some but got no response from any local hobbyists and can't afford to ship them in.

And I wouldn't say that this kid is impatient. We (the OP and I) have discussed for weeks, natural alternatives to make breeding possible for him (getting live foods and plants from nature).

He is trying his best out of very limited resources. So please, lets help him (and every new member) with what ever info he needs.

Note: I'm relieved that everyone realizes his/her harshness (after bl2033's posts).
Hey Indjo, is there any other way that he can feed those fry? Also Since the OP lives in Malaysia, is it easier for him to have infusoria, or at least make some, from the live plants that are already in the set up?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #59 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Hey Indjo, is there any other way that he can feed those fry? Also Since the OP lives in Malaysia, is it easier for him to have infusoria, or at least make some, from the live plants that are already in the set up?
Actually nature provides tons of food alternatives - infusoria, daphnia, all sorts of worms, etc. The problem is that for some reason he can't contact local hobbyist for help. He needs to learn the hard way - trial and error. I tried to help anyway I can but I don't exactly know his area - can he get to a padi field, natural pond/river, etc. - thus can't guide him 100%. And since he is doing it indoors, he can't use my method of aging the water for a month so micro critters can develop in his tank.

I know he is trying his best to get plants and fry food. He is also trying to make microworms from nature - though I think he has a problem with soil/fields (not sure) because he was confused when I told him he had to bury a potato. He only lacks experience which can not be achieved through reading. He needs to go out to his natural environment and learn where and how to look for/gather whatever he needs.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #60 
dramaqueen
Banned

We also need to remember that when English isn't someone's first language, it can be hard for them to find the right words to say what they want to say.And sometimes it's hard for them to understand everything we are saying to them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote