Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #1 
Omboc

Robin, my first rescue betta

Robin finally passed after struggling on the past week and a half. The last week or so he wouldn't eat that much, so I knew it was coming. His last days were spent lying on his favorite plant, resting.

If it weren't for Robin I would have never discovered this website, as it was a year ago when I googled Betta Fish and found this place. I knew my sister was a horrible fishkeeper and this only justified it. Robin went from one of those horrid little dual betta tanks into a heated one gallon, where he created his first bubblenest. Soon after that, he recieved his 2.5 gallon filtered and heated.

Robin, you will be severely missed by me, you taught me so much in such a small amount of time.
Omboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2 
hannah16

Oh, that's so sad. When I was like 13, and I got my first betta, he died within 3 days. And the Policy of the petstore was that I had to bring him in as proof that the betta died... (I had to hold him in a little baggy all the way there..) I know now that it was because he was older (He was a full grown, finny male) and he seemed to be sick with something, I wasn't sure what (He wasn't very active) But at least those last 3 days he spent in a 2.5-3 gallon tank, with a heater, filter, and a few nice plants plus some good betta food.

You did what you could for him and that's what matters. I'm Sorry for your loss.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote