Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #11 
IamOpening

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Just because it is alive doesnt mean it isnt miserable.
Just because it makes nests doesnt mean its happy or not in pain.

Btw- I have that tank. Its a good one, though you will, without a doubt, need to baffle the filter. Its STRONG on the outtake.

For it, I use a marineland 10w (yeah, only ten! its a beast.) and it can get mine to 86' x_x it was only 18$ not on sale with my petsmart card.

It heats my bf's ten gallon to 78. Wow.

Btw- with that tank, just use the cup your fish came in when hes near the top- dont get a net. The opening is big enough for the cup- dont waste the few bucks on it, imo... I try not to net whenever possible.
How did you baffle your filter?
IamOpening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

I did it a really complicated way. Its got the biowheel which makes like 587439507 times harder to baffle.
I took a soap dish holder case from walmart and broke it at the hinge, filled it with fake plants and wrapped them into a ball inside the part of the dish, which is up against the filter's outtake by a rubber band.

Complicated...But I couldnt get aquarium sponge D:

Get some of that, cut it to shape, so that its in the water and rubber band it. That'll disperse the flow.

If you want, plug up the intake, too, but not comlpetley.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 AM   #13 
IamOpening

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I did it a really complicated way. Its got the biowheel which makes like 587439507 times harder to baffle.
I took a soap dish holder case from walmart and broke it at the hinge, filled it with fake plants and wrapped them into a ball inside the part of the dish, which is up against the filter's outtake by a rubber band.

Complicated...But I couldnt get aquarium sponge D:

Get some of that, cut it to shape, so that its in the water and rubber band it. That'll disperse the flow.

If you want, plug up the intake, too, but not comlpetley.
Thank you, I will try that! I got my 5 gal hex tank in the mail today! :D I also got my thermometer. My heater hasn't come yet, but it will be here on Monday.

I don't have gravel, sand, or live pants. I have one fake plant, and one betta fish. Eustace's tank is bare right now, but I can tell he's happier in there. He's been very active, and I don't know if it's a good sign, but he's been flaring at his reflection a lot tonight. He never used to do that. Maybe he simply couldn't see it in his smaller plastic bowl (?).

Nevertheless, he is shiny and active. I can't wait until I get more money so that I can buy him some decorations and hiding spots! :)

Oh! Gotta have some pictures! :)

IamOpening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #14 
Lion Mom

Nice tank & pretty fish!!! For a cheap & easy hiding spot, you can put a coffee mug in there with him. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote